Sleep function in vbscript????
Author Message
 Sleep function in vbscript????

I need to make an html/asp page go to sleep for a second at the client
when it finds a tiff has not been fully downloaded.

Is there a function I can use? And have you got an example.

Cheers,

Graham.

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 20:37:10 GMT
 Sleep function in vbscript????
I dont know weather the following link helps u or not ?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/behaviors/animation.asp

all the best
Bye
Murali K Inguva

Quote:
I need to make an html/asp page go to sleep for a second at the client
when it finds a tiff has not been fully downloaded.

Is there a function I can use? And have you got an example.

Cheers,

Graham.

.

Tue, 01 Jul 2003 20:55:51 GMT
 Sleep function in vbscript????
There is a window.setTimeout function in javascript, I find this very
useful.

Also, you can load images before you display them and set a variable once
loaded that can be checked before further processing can continue.

Quote:
> I need to make an html/asp page go to sleep for a second at the client
> when it finds a tiff has not been fully downloaded.

> Is there a function I can use? And have you got an example.

> Cheers,

> Graham.

Wed, 02 Jul 2003 00:56:54 GMT
 Sleep function in vbscript????
I've never used it but my wrox book says you can use the WScript object.

WScript.Sleep TimeDelayGoesHereInMilliSeconds

WScript.Sleep 1000

Will delay one second.

Quote:
> I need to make an html/asp page go to sleep for a second at the client
> when it finds a tiff has not been fully downloaded.

> Is there a function I can use? And have you got an example.

> Cheers,

> Graham.

Wed, 02 Jul 2003 04:34:54 GMT
 Sleep function in vbscript????

Quote:

> I've never used it but my wrox book says you can use the WScript object.

> WScript.Sleep TimeDelayGoesHereInMilliSeconds

> WScript.Sleep 1000

> Will delay one second.

> > I need to make an html/asp page go to sleep for a second at the client
> > when it finds a tiff has not been fully downloaded.

> > Is there a function I can use? And have you got an example.

> > Cheers,

> > Graham.

That method is not available for use in ASP/HTML context, only in WSH
scripts (*.vbs, *.js, *.wsh, *.wsf).

Tom Lavedas
-----------
http://www.pressroom.com/~tglbatch/

Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:22:49 GMT

1. Sleep() or Wait() function in VBScript?

2. Sleep function to run in vbscript?

3. sleep function

4. I need simulate sleep() C function

5. sleep function