Lock CD-drive and find out logon-name
Author Message
 Lock CD-drive and find out logon-name

Hi,

I wanna write a script which locks the cd-drive when the user who logged
in on a win2000 or winxp machine is NOT the administrator, so I need two
things:

1. How can I find out the name of the user who logged in?

2. How can I lock the cd-drive? Maybe let it disappear like tweakui by
microsoft does?

thanx volker

Wed, 12 Oct 2005 02:33:56 GMT
 Lock CD-drive and find out logon-name
"1. How can I find out the name of the user who logged in?"

"2. How can I lock the cd-drive? Maybe let it disappear like tweakui by
microsoft does?"

=============

Yeah wip him good.

--------

" is NOT the administrator"

-----------

Make sure.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I wanna write a script which locks the cd-drive when the user who logged
> in on a win2000 or winxp machine is NOT the administrator, so I need two
> things:

> 1. How can I find out the name of the user who logged in?

> 2. How can I lock the cd-drive? Maybe let it disappear like tweakui by
> microsoft does?

> thanx volker

Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:40:09 GMT

1. Lock CD-Drive for a certain user

2. lock / disable the CD Drive eject

3. CD Drive Lock

4. Locking CD-Drive.

5. Lock CD Drive Door

6. locking the Cd-Rom Drive

7. Lock and Unlock the CD-ROM Drive

8. CD-ROM drive name?.

9. API to get CD proprietry name and drive letter

10. How can I get the name of the CD ROM drive

11. Finding CD-ROM Drive Letter

12. Finding CD drive letter