Call JScript function from VBScript
Author Message
 Call JScript function from VBScript

I would like to call a JScript function from VBScipt in IE4.01. I can
rewrite the function to VBScript, but I would like a better method so I
don't have to convert all scripting code to VBScript.

    Fred Hirschfeld
    RLG netPerformance

Sat, 25 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Call JScript function from VBScript
Yes, it is possible to call functions back and forth. You just have to
define two blocks of script, one VBScript and one JavaScript. I don't know
if you can reference variables defined in one language from the other; I've
never tried, but you can call a function that passes arguments and returns a
value.

Dave

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Call JScript function from VBScript
ok, but I have a script file in Javascript which I include through the SRC
property and a VBScript block in the page... I tried just using the
function, but it didn't recognize it.

Do you know if it must be physically in the page as a block?

    Fred

Quote:

>Yes, it is possible to call functions back and forth. You just have to
>define two blocks of script, one VBScript and one JavaScript. I don't know
>if you can reference variables defined in one language from the other; I've
>never tried, but you can call a function that passes arguments and returns
>value.

>Dave

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Call JScript function from VBScript

Quote:
>Do you know if it must be physically in the page as a block?

Since it doesn't work for you the other way, I would guess yes. Did you try
it that way? That is the only way I have done it.

Dave

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Calling JScript function from VBScript code

2. Calling Jscript Function from Vbscript?

3. Calling Jscript Function from Vbscript?

4. Calling a JSCRIPT From a VBScript Function

5. Calling VB function from jscript/vbscript?

6. calling vbscript function from jscript

7. calling vbscript function from jscript?

8. call a jscript-function in the vbscript-part of an asp-page

9. How to call a VBScript function in JScript?

10. How do I call JScript functions from within ASP written in JScript

11. calling ASP from within VBScript/JScript ???????

12. Calling a Perl procedure from VBScript or JScript