Removing Scrollbar from an existing window
Author Message
 Removing Scrollbar from an existing window

Hello All,

I was wondering, is there a way to remove the scrollbar (in IE) from
existing window?  I've heard that it is possible to do this with JS in
Netscape 4.

The page I'm loading has no need for a scrollbar (it fits in multiple
resolutions) and removing the bar allows for the page to fit completely
horizontally.

Any suggestions in VBS or JS are welcome.  Otherwise I can just close the
existing window and reload it from another window.

Thanks in advance

Todd

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 13:46:12 GMT
 Removing Scrollbar from an existing window
Sounds you're saying css body property.

body {overflow:hidden}

--
Han Pohwan, Microsoft MVP, Seoul, Korea

Quote:
> Hello All,

> I was wondering, is there a way to remove the scrollbar (in IE) from
> existing window?  I've heard that it is possible to do this with JS in
> Netscape 4.

> The page I'm loading has no need for a scrollbar (it fits in multiple
> resolutions) and removing the bar allows for the page to fit completely
> horizontally.

> Any suggestions in VBS or JS are welcome.  Otherwise I can just close the
> existing window and reload it from another window.

> Thanks in advance

> Todd

Mon, 04 Apr 2005 17:58:18 GMT
 Removing Scrollbar from an existing window

Quote:

> Hello All,

> I was wondering, is there a way to remove the scrollbar (in IE) from
> existing window?  I've heard that it is possible to do this with JS in
> Netscape 4.

> The page I'm loading has no need for a scrollbar (it fits in multiple
> resolutions) and removing the bar allows for the page to fit
> completely horizontally.

> Any suggestions in VBS or JS are welcome.  Otherwise I can just close
> the existing window and reload it from another window.

<head>
<script language="VBScript">
sub doToggle()
  if lcase(document.body.scroll) = "yes" then
    document.body.scroll = "no"
  else
    document.body.scroll = "yes"
  end if
end sub
</script>
</head>
<INPUT TYPE="button" value="Toggle ScrollBars" onclick="doToggle">

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Tue, 05 Apr 2005 00:47:10 GMT
 Removing Scrollbar from an existing window
This works great!  I really need to read my DHTML book now.

Thanks again!

Quote:

> Hello All,

> I was wondering, is there a way to remove the scrollbar (in IE) from
> existing window?  I've heard that it is possible to do this with JS in
> Netscape 4.

> The page I'm loading has no need for a scrollbar (it fits in multiple
> resolutions) and removing the bar allows for the page to fit
> completely horizontally.

> Any suggestions in VBS or JS are welcome.  Otherwise I can just close
> the existing window and reload it from another window.

<head>
<script language="vbscript">
sub doToggle()
  if lcase(document.body.scroll) = "yes" then
    document.body.scroll = "no"
  else
    document.body.scroll = "yes"
  end if
end sub
</script>
</head>
<INPUT TYPE="button" value="Toggle ScrollBars" onclick="doToggle">

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
Seattle WA US

Tue, 05 Apr 2005 12:54:25 GMT

1. Add and remove existing users to-from existing groups

2. Removing only the Horizontal scrollbar

3. Remove ScrollBar

4. ListView remove horizontal scrollbar

5. Removing listbox scrollbar

6. Remove scrollbar from webbrowser control

7. Scrollbar Exists? Y/N

8. Removing existing mapped drives.

9. Scrollbar options in New Window

10. open a new window with scrollbar

11. removing window from window list menu

12. REMOVING TEXT FROM WORD AND APPENDING TO AN EXISTING .DOC