find all the users external hard drives
Author Message
 find all the users external hard drives

If they have Windows Scripting Host installed, you can use the
FileSystemObject to find this out.  Here's a sample script that will give
you some basic information using the FileSystemObject:

Set oFS = Wscript.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set oDrives = oFS.Drives
For Each Drive in oDrives
    WScript.Echo vbcrlf
            Wscript.Echo "Drive Letter: " & Drive.DriveLetter

            If Drive.DriveType = 1 then
        DriveDescription = "Removable"
            Elseif Drive.DriveType = 2 then
                DriveDescription = "Fixed"
            Elseif Drive.DriveType = 4 then
                        DriveDescription = "CDROM"
            Else
                        DriveDescription = "Unknown - " & Drive.DriveType
            End If

            Wscript.Echo "Drive Type: " & DriveDescription

            If Drive.DriveType <>1 and Drive.DriveType <> 4 then
                        WScript.Echo "Capacity: " & (Drive.TotalSize/1024)/1024 & "MB"
                        Wscript.Echo "Available Space: " & (Drive.FreeSpace/1024)/1024 &
"MB Free"
                        WScript.Echo "File System: " & Drive.FileSystem
            End If

 Next

ofs.Close
Set Ofs = Nothing

- Jeff

Jeff Stockamp
System Administrator
Northwest Nexus

Quote:
>hi, how do I find out the external hard drives that a user has?

>thanks

>Cameron

Mon, 21 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 find all the users external hard drives
hi, how do I find out the external hard drives that a user has?

thanks

Cameron

Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 find all the users external hard drives
Sounds like another basic Security Violation - Nothing from
a web page should affect the Client's machine,
Quote:

>hi, how do I find out the external hard drives that a user has?

>thanks

>Cameron

Sun, 27 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 find all the users external hard drives
But VBScript is not just for web pages anymore.

Zerb.

Quote:

>Sounds like another basic Security Violation - Nothing from
>a web page should affect the Client's machine,

>>hi, how do I find out the external hard drives that a user has?

>>thanks

>>Cameron

Sun, 27 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. find the external drives of a user

2. Find file on hard drive

3. HELP-- I NEED TO FIND A FILE ON THE HARD DRIVE

4. Need to Find out hard drive space

5. Finding a file o nthe hard drive

6. Find/Open a Database from the Hard Drive

7. Find/Open a Database from the Hard Drive

8. Find/Open a Database from the Hard Drive

9. How to read the hard drives drive no.

10. Insert records from a database in floppy drive to hard drive

11. Hard Drive Serial Number/Total Drive Size

12. Hard drive help needed