Subroutines and Functions not recognized
Author Message
 Subroutines and Functions not recognized

I am trying to test a series of pages using PWS on a Win98 machine.
Whenever I try to load an ASP that contains a function or a subroutine, a
syntax error is returned such as:
Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03ea'

Syntax error

/myasp.asp, line 50

Sub DoThis
^

This is not a coding issue because the subroutines I am testing are very
simple.  I have tested subroutines and functions on the same machine many
times before, and I have never had any problems until now.  Can anyone
please offer a suggestion?

Thanks
Joe

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Subroutines and Functions not recognized
You're probably missing an End Sub for a prior sub or inadvertently nesting
subs...

sub foo(args)
    myfoo = "foo"
    '...
    '...
sub bar(args)
    mybar = "bar"
end sub
    '...
    '...rest of foo
    '...
end sub

--
Michael Harris
MVP Scripting

I am trying to test a series of pages using PWS on a Win98 machine.
Whenever I try to load an ASP that contains a function or a subroutine, a
syntax error is returned such as:
Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03ea'

Syntax error

/myasp.asp, line 50

Sub DoThis
^

This is not a coding issue because the subroutines I am testing are very
simple.  I have tested subroutines and functions on the same machine many
times before, and I have never had any problems until now.  Can anyone
please offer a suggestion?

Thanks
Joe

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Subroutines and Functions not recognized
I don't believe that is the case because when I attempt to test very
simple pages that have only one subroutine, the same thing happens.

Thanks
Joe

says...

Quote:
> You're probably missing an End Sub for a prior sub or inadvertently nesting
> subs...

> sub foo(args)
>     myfoo = "foo"
>     '...
>     '...
> sub bar(args)
>     mybar = "bar"
> end sub
>     '...
>     '...rest of foo
>     '...
> end sub

> --
> Michael Harris
> MVP Scripting

> I am trying to test a series of pages using PWS on a Win98 machine.
> Whenever I try to load an ASP that contains a function or a subroutine, a
> syntax error is returned such as:
> Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03ea'

> Syntax error

> /myasp.asp, line 50

> Sub DoThis
> ^

> This is not a coding issue because the subroutines I am testing are very
> simple.  I have tested subroutines and functions on the same machine many
> times before, and I have never had any problems until now.  Can anyone
> please offer a suggestion?

> Thanks
> Joe

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Subroutines and Functions not recognized
Post an example of failing code...

--
Michael Harris
MVP Scripting

I don't believe that is the case because when I attempt to test very
simple pages that have only one subroutine, the same thing happens.

Thanks
Joe

says...

Quote:
> You're probably missing an End Sub for a prior sub or inadvertently nesting
> subs...

> sub foo(args)
>     myfoo = "foo"
>     '...
>     '...
> sub bar(args)
>     mybar = "bar"
> end sub
>     '...
>     '...rest of foo
>     '...
> end sub

> --
> Michael Harris
> MVP Scripting

> I am trying to test a series of pages using PWS on a Win98 machine.
> Whenever I try to load an ASP that contains a function or a subroutine, a
> syntax error is returned such as:
> Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03ea'

> Syntax error

> /myasp.asp, line 50

> Sub DoThis
> ^

> This is not a coding issue because the subroutines I am testing are very
> simple.  I have tested subroutines and functions on the same machine many
> times before, and I have never had any problems until now.  Can anyone
> please offer a suggestion?

> Thanks
> Joe

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Subroutines and Functions not recognized
The code can be as simple as follows:

        Sub SayHello
        response.write "hello"
        End Sub

        SayHello

The result is always:

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03ea'

Syntax error

/showcities.asp, line 50

Sub SayHello
^

Joe

Quote:
> Post an example of failing code...

> --
> Michael Harris
> MVP Scripting

> I don't believe that is the case because when I attempt to test very
> simple pages that have only one subroutine, the same thing happens.

> Thanks
> Joe

> says...
> > You're probably missing an End Sub for a prior sub or inadvertently nesting
> > subs...

> > sub foo(args)
> >     myfoo = "foo"
> >     '...
> >     '...
> > sub bar(args)
> >     mybar = "bar"
> > end sub
> >     '...
> >     '...rest of foo
> >     '...
> > end sub

> > --
> > Michael Harris
> > MVP Scripting

> > I am trying to test a series of pages using PWS on a Win98 machine.
> > Whenever I try to load an ASP that contains a function or a subroutine, a
> > syntax error is returned such as:
> > Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03ea'

> > Syntax error

> > /myasp.asp, line 50

> > Sub DoThis
> > ^

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Subroutines and Functions not recognized
How about posting a complete ASP page...  There's nothing wrong with this little
snippet.

--
Michael Harris
MVP Scripting

The code can be as simple as follows:

Sub SayHello
response.write "hello"
End Sub

SayHello

The result is always:

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03ea'

Syntax error

/showcities.asp, line 50

Sub SayHello
^

Joe

Quote:
> Post an example of failing code...

> --
> Michael Harris
> MVP Scripting

> I don't believe that is the case because when I attempt to test very
> simple pages that have only one subroutine, the same thing happens.

> Thanks
> Joe

> says...
> > You're probably missing an End Sub for a prior sub or inadvertently nesting
> > subs...

> > sub foo(args)
> >     myfoo = "foo"
> >     '...
> >     '...
> > sub bar(args)
> >     mybar = "bar"
> > end sub
> >     '...
> >     '...rest of foo
> >     '...
> > end sub

> > --
> > Michael Harris
> > MVP Scripting

> > I am trying to test a series of pages using PWS on a Win98 machine.
> > Whenever I try to load an ASP that contains a function or a subroutine, a
> > syntax error is returned such as:
> > Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a03ea'

> > Syntax error

> > /myasp.asp, line 50

> > Sub DoThis
> > ^

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. User defined function not recognized

2. Trim Function Not Recognized?

3. function names not recognized in Access 97

4. Format function not recognized

5. Access 7.0 does not recognize VBA functions

6. Access not recognizing string functions

7. Left$, Right$ function not recognized in another computer.

8. Word can not recognize VBA function.

9. public function not recognized by another form....

10. VB5 Implements Not Recognizing Function

11. public function not recognized by another form....

12. Client-side Subroutine calling Server-Side Subroutine