Script closes "finished" DOS window
Author Message
 Script closes "finished" DOS window

Hi,

I am a newbie and still living in DOS world.  I have put together a
batch file (*.bat) during startup of Windows 9x.   The batch file runs
fine and finishes.  It doesn't closes its windows when it is finished.
Is there a way to close the windows once the end of file is reached?
Also, there is a line for deleting files, i.e. "del
c:\windows\temp\*.*".  I can't figure out the option to use so it
will  delete files without pressing the "y".  Thanks for your pointers.

--
Image is not everything. Excellent image is.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Script closes "finished" DOS window
Try alt.msdos.batch.  Read the FAQ there before posting.

--

Bill James
Microsoft MVPDTS

?Free Win9x VBScript Utilities?
http://home.earthlink.net/~wgjames/vbspage/

Quote:

> Hi,

> I am a newbie and still living in DOS world.  I have put together a
> batch file (*.bat) during startup of Windows 9x.   The batch file runs
> fine and finishes.  It doesn't closes its windows when it is finished.
> Is there a way to close the windows once the end of file is reached?
> Also, there is a line for deleting files, i.e. "del
> c:\windows\temp\*.*".  I can't figure out the option to use so it
> will  delete files without pressing the "y".  Thanks for your pointers.

> --
> Image is not everything. Excellent image is.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Script closes "finished" DOS window
I've found it.  Thanks for the ptr.

Quote:

--
Image is not everything. Excellent image is.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 02 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. How Close "Finished" DOS Window

2. DOS App, Detecting "FINISHED"

3. Removing a "Finished" DOS window invoked via "shell"

4. How to close "ms-dos" application

5. How to supress "DOS Window" flashing

6. "window.opener.close()"

7. Problem With "window.showmodaldialog("")"

8. Wait for "Shell"-ed app to finish

9. Thanks for RE: closing a DOS batch file when "Finished".......

10. How do you close a DOS .bat when its "Finished....." ?

11. "Windows Script Editor", where are you?

12. Windows Script 5.5 downloads "currently unavailable"