Problems installing Windows Scripting Host (scr55en.exe) 
Author Message
 Problems installing Windows Scripting Host (scr55en.exe)

Hi,

during the installation of WSH under Windows NT 4.0 SP 6.0 with IE 4.01 SP 2
I get an error registering file

wshom.ocx

Any ideas how to solve this problem???

Thanks in advance

Andreas



Sat, 11 Oct 2003 19:01:52 GMT  
 Problems installing Windows Scripting Host (scr55en.exe)
Were you logged on under an admin account when you ran the install?  This is a requirement for
installs on non-Win9x machines.  You also need to logon as admin after the reboot to complete the
installl...

Try registering wshom.ocx manually with regsvr32.exe.  If it still fails, post the *exact* error
message/code you get...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
--

Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
--

Quote:

> Hi,

> during the installation of WSH under Windows NT 4.0 SP 6.0 with IE 4.01 SP 2
> I get an error registering file

> wshom.ocx

> Any ideas how to solve this problem???

> Thanks in advance

> Andreas



Sat, 11 Oct 2003 21:55:09 GMT  
 Problems installing Windows Scripting Host (scr55en.exe)
I was logged on under admin account. System does not asked to reboot the
system.
But the reason that wshom.ocx registering failed is, that the file

wshom.ocx

is not installed on the target system!!!
So I can't try to register wshom.ocx manually.

I'm trying to install WSH under german Win NT 4.0 SP 6 with IE 4.01 SP 2.
Trying to install scr55de.exe (german version) results in the same error.

BTW: Which version of WSH is needed to perform VBScripts within Windows
Installer??



Quote:
> Were you logged on under an admin account when you ran the install?  This

is a requirement for
Quote:
> installs on non-Win9x machines.  You also need to logon as admin after the

reboot to complete the
Quote:
> installl...

> Try registering wshom.ocx manually with regsvr32.exe.  If it still fails,

post the *exact* error
Quote:
> message/code you get...

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> --

> Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
> --




Quote:
> > Hi,

> > during the installation of WSH under Windows NT 4.0 SP 6.0 with IE 4.01
SP 2
> > I get an error registering file

> > wshom.ocx

> > Any ideas how to solve this problem???

> > Thanks in advance

> > Andreas



Sun, 12 Oct 2003 15:05:03 GMT  
 Problems installing Windows Scripting Host (scr55en.exe)
Have you tried re-running the scr55xx.exe install???

AFAIK all the WSH installs are still IExpress based install packages, not Windows Installer...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
--

Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
--

Quote:

> I was logged on under admin account. System does not asked to reboot the
> system.
> But the reason that wshom.ocx registering failed is, that the file

> wshom.ocx

> is not installed on the target system!!!
> So I can't try to register wshom.ocx manually.

> I'm trying to install WSH under german Win NT 4.0 SP 6 with IE 4.01 SP 2.
> Trying to install scr55de.exe (german version) results in the same error.

> BTW: Which version of WSH is needed to perform VBScripts within Windows
> Installer??



> > Were you logged on under an admin account when you ran the install?  This
> is a requirement for
> > installs on non-Win9x machines.  You also need to logon as admin after the
> reboot to complete the
> > installl...

> > Try registering wshom.ocx manually with regsvr32.exe.  If it still fails,
> post the *exact* error
> > message/code you get...

> > --
> > Michael Harris
> > Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> > --

> > Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup instead.
> > --



> > > Hi,

> > > during the installation of WSH under Windows NT 4.0 SP 6.0 with IE 4.01
> SP 2
> > > I get an error registering file

> > > wshom.ocx

> > > Any ideas how to solve this problem???

> > > Thanks in advance

> > > Andreas



Mon, 13 Oct 2003 01:18:34 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Problems Installing Windows Script 5.0 and Windows Script Host 2.0 Beta on Windows NT 4.0

2. Error installing scr55en.exe.

3. installing WSH & scr55en.exe

4. Research: Windows Script Host or Windows Scripting Host

5. Error installing Windows Scripting host 5.5 german on Win98

6. Windows Scripting Host (FSO) / Problems with NT

7. Can't register Windows Scripting Host with Windows 7

8. Q:Some problems with Windows Scripting Host under Windows95

9. problem with encoding vbscript with windows script host

10. Windows scripting host - Checking a service in Windows NT 4

11. Windows Scripting Host on Windows 95 OSR2

12. Windows 95 OSR1 and Windows Scripting Host

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software