Can I run Win32 API functions in a VBScript?
Author Message
 Can I run Win32 API functions in a VBScript?

I'm having NT4.0 clients only connected to my intranet, and would like to
use the API-function "GetUserName". If this is not possible, is there
another way to retrieve the clients logonID?

Regards,

John Martin

Sun, 11 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I run Win32 API functions in a VBScript?
Client side or server side???

If server side AND you use authentication (disallow anonymous) then
    use Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER") on the server
elseIf client side then
    you have to get users to allow use of
    "unsafe" (from the browser's perspective)
    activex components (WScript.Network).
else
    you're outta luck!
end if

end reply!

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Please do not email questions - post them to the newsgroup...

> I'm having NT4.0 clients only connected to my intranet, and would like to
> use the API-function "GetUserName". If this is not possible, is there
> another way to retrieve the clients logonID?

> Regards,

> John Martin

Mon, 12 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Can I run Win32 API functions in a VBScript?
I'm pretty sure you can use api calls in VBScript, but you certainly don't
need to if you're just trying to get the logon id.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting

wshnetwork.userdomain
wshnetwork.username.

-Matt.

Quote:
> I'm having NT4.0 clients only connected to my intranet, and would like to
> use the API-function "GetUserName". If this is not possible, is there
> another way to retrieve the clients logonID?

> Regards,

> John Martin

Sat, 19 Jul 2003 09:10:42 GMT

1. how to use win32 api function in vbs file

2. Using Win32 API Functions

3. Win32 API and VBScript

4. Problem passing strings between VBScript/VBAapp and Win32 API

5. Win32 API usage in VBScript

6. Call Win32 API in VBScript ??

7. Win32 API & VbScript

8. Win32 API commands?

9. GS API dll and gcc for win32

10. Calling win32 API

11. Can Win32 API calls be made from ASPs?

12. VBScript and Windows API functions