Passing an Array from a Function
Author Message
 Passing an Array from a Function

I have created a function that creates an array.  I want to call the
function from my main program and then get back the array so that I can use
it.

       Function ParseOutComands(StoreForAction)        'This is the function
that creates the array, StoreForAction is a text string

        BarcodeArray()     'This is my array, it will create 5 individual
strings from the StoreForAction string

The sintax is killing me.  Within the ParseOutComands() function, what is
the sintax for assinging the array, I am using:
        ParseOutComands=BarcodeArray()

Then in my main program I am doing something like:

        BarcodeArray1 = ParseOutComands(StoreForAction)
        CommandCode = Trim(BarcodeArray1(1))
        PartNum = Trim(BarcodeArray1(2))
        Op = Trim(BarcodeArray1(3))
       TypeID = Trim(BarcodeArray1(4))
       Qty = Trim(BarcodeArray1(5))

msgbox "Command Code= " & CommandCode & " PartNumber= " & PartNum & " Op
Number= " & Op & " Type= " & TypeID & " Qty= " & Qty

How is this supposed to be accomplished?

Thanks, Mitch

Thu, 20 Nov 2003 03:26:58 GMT

1. Passing an array to API function

2. Passing of arrays to a function???

3. pass an array back from function

4. Passing control array into global function - problem

5. How to pass an array to a function (not parramaray plz)

6. passing an array into a function

7. how do i pass control array to a function

8. Passing Control Arrays to a function???

9. How can we Pass an Array Through Public Function

10. How to pass UDT array to a function?

11. Pass control array to sub/function ?

12. pass an array to a function?