Learning VBscript?
Author Message
 Learning VBscript?

Greetings:

I'm trying to learn VBScript but so far, I'm not having much luck (I have no
experience with programming). Most info/books I've come across seems to take
you directly from writing the infamous "Hello World" script to some fairly
complicated concepts.

I'm looking for a good beginners book (or even a web site) that takes you
step-by-step through the process. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm also wondering if anyone has written a script that goes out on a domain
and reports IP addresses.  I set myself a first task of writing a script
that could go out on our domain and get the IP addresses of all our
machines. I figured that this would be a good way to learn VBscript.  Given
my progress so far, if someone has a script for this that I could look over,
maybe I'd actually learn something from it.  At least I'd know exactly what
the script was supposed to accomplish.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Ken B.

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:54:28 GMT
 Learning VBscript?

Quote:

> I'm looking for a good beginners book (or even a web site) that takes you
> step-by-step through the process. Anyone have any suggestions?

For a general list of WSH resources, you can take a look at this thread:

Subject: beginner looking for resources
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript
Date: 2002-01-31 08:11:00 PST
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&th=7015b808b5fb0cb4&rnum=1

--
torgeir

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 22:01:05 GMT
 Learning VBscript?
Hello,
I will tell you some experiences that I have got during my
studying VBScript.
I think the most important and useful way to learning
script is Reading Others' Script. For scripts are source-
opened and you can get them everywhere. Reading scripts is
also effiective.
And you can study script with the help of MSDN. (Did you
heard of that?) It is the most sufficent resource. Hope
you will make progress.

:)
Penny

Quote:

Thu, 14 Oct 2004 12:20:50 GMT

1. learning VBScript

2. Learning VBscript

3. How to Learn VBScript ?

4. Preload Object Error (Need Help, Trying to Learn VBScript)

5. Learning VBScript - Looking For Online Tutorials

6. REVIEW: "Learning VBScript", Paul Lomax

7. Learning VBScript

8. Learning vbscript.

9. I Want to learn VBscript

10. Learning VBScript