Serial I/O from COMx-Port
Author Message
 Serial I/O from COMx-Port

I need to read date form a COMx Serial Port within an Outllok Form.

The FileSystemObject doesn't seem to allow access ti COM-Ports as the VBA
Input -Statement does.

Using MSComm32 would seem  good idea, but I can't figure out how the invoke
it.

Wed, 19 Nov 2003 22:55:33 GMT
 Serial I/O from COMx-Port
hi TBD,

You may be able to make use of "Win95io", a dll from SoftCircuits that does
serial I/O.

It can be found here:

    http://www.softcircuits.com/sw_tools.htm

and look for "win95io.zip" download at the bottom of the page.

mfg, jw

Quote:
> I need to read date form a COMx Serial Port within an Outllok Form.

> The FileSystemObject doesn't seem to allow access ti COM-Ports as the VBA
> Input -Statement does.

> Using MSComm32 would seem  good idea, but I can't figure out how the
invoke
> it.

Thu, 20 Nov 2003 01:32:28 GMT

1. Win-Api-function for operation serial Port (COMx)

2. Serial input by COMx with VBA

3. Writing/Reading specific pins on COMx and LPTx ports

4. I/O port, Parallel port, Serial port

5. OS port close inaddition to Winsock port close

6. qb45 and SERIAL strange SERIAL port protocol

7. serial printer on serial port

8. serial printer on serial port

9. Future of Serial Ports vs USB Ports

10. How to loop comm port control to read text files through serial port in VB3

11. Serial port/parallel port

12. Serial port/Parallel port