Shutdown and restart windows
Author Message
 Shutdown and restart windows

Pretty sure this only works on Win98 or WinMe:

CreateObject("WScript.Shell").Run "rundll32 shell32.dll,SHExitWindowsEx 2"

You can get a little (20KB) EXE to do this in all versions at http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;That site is Lee Chapelle's, another MVP, in case you are worried about the source.

--

Bill James
Microsoft MVPDTS

?Win9x VBScript Utilities?
www.billsway.com/vbspage/

Quote:

> I know how to shut down windows Thanks to Gunter Born but can anyone
> tell me how to shutdown and then restart windows after running a script

> Thanks

Wed, 30 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Shutdown and restart windows
May I ask what MVP stands for ?

Thanks,

Billy

http://www.webdev.net/orca/download/reboot.exe.  That site is Lee
Chapelle's, another MVP, in case you are worried about the source.

--

Bill James
Microsoft MVPDTS

?Win9x VBScript Utilities?
www.billsway.com/vbspage/

Quote:
> I know how to shut down windows Thanks to Gunter Born but can anyone
> tell me how to shutdown and then restart windows after running a script

> Thanks

Wed, 30 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Shutdown and restart windows
Microsoft Personal Online Support from Product Support Services
http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp/

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> May I ask what MVP stands for ?

> Thanks,

> Billy

> Pretty sure this only works on Win98 or WinMe:

> CreateObject("WScript.Shell").Run "rundll32 shell32.dll,SHExitWindowsEx 2"

> You can get a little (20KB) EXE to do this in all versions at
> http://www.webdev.net/orca/download/reboot.exe.  That site is Lee
> Chapelle's, another MVP, in case you are worried about the source.

> --

> Bill James
> Microsoft MVPDTS

> ?Win9x VBScript Utilities?
> www.billsway.com/vbspage/

> > I know how to shut down windows Thanks to Gunter Born but can anyone
> > tell me how to shutdown and then restart windows after running a script

> > Thanks

Wed, 30 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Shutdown and restart windows

I know how to shut down windows Thanks to Gunter Born but can anyone
tell me how to shutdown and then restart windows after running a script

Thanks

Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:08:29 GMT

1. How to Shutdown [and restart] Windows 95 / NT ?

2. how to shutdown or restart windows

3. How to Shutdown [and restart] Windows 95 / NT ?

4. How to Shutdown [and restart] Windows 95 / NT ?

5. Shutdown and Restart Windows 95 and NT for VB Script

6. Q: How do you shutdown and restart windows in VB5.0?

7. Windows 2000 Pro - Shutdown/Restart PC

8. shutdown/restart windows

9. Windows Shutdown, restart, logoff...?

10. Help Windows-Shutdown-Restart

11. Help Windows-Shutdown-Restart

12. Trapping Windows Shutdown/Restart with callback function