Can i somehow 'sendkeys'?
Author Message
 Can i somehow 'sendkeys'?

I'm new to scripting.  I want to automate an install program for my
users with a script.  The install program at serveral points though-out
the install asks the user for input.  I know the answer to these
questions and would like to have the script file it in for them and
'press enter'.  Is this possible with WSH?  If so can you please give me
some keywords to lookup or maybe a site that goes over how to od this?
Thanks for any help in advance!

                Craig.

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can i somehow 'sendkeys'?

Possible (but very awkward) to do with WScript.Shell's SendKeys but others have posted that using ScriptIt (free from MS) works much better...

Q191605 - INFO: Incorporating ScriptIt with Unattended Installation
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q191/6/05.ASP

KB article has the ScriptIt download link...

--
Michael Harris

  I'm new to scripting.  I want to automate an install program for my
  users with a script.  The install program at serveral points though-out
  the install asks the user for input.  I know the answer to these
  questions and would like to have the script file it in for them and
  'press enter'.  Is this possible with WSH?  If so can you please give me
  some keywords to lookup or maybe a site that goes over how to od this?
  Thanks for any help in advance!

  Craig.

Sun, 14 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Can i somehow 'sendkeys'?

Quote:
> I'm new to scripting.  I want to automate an install program for my
> users with a script.  The install program at serveral points though-out
> the install asks the user for input.  I know the answer to these
> questions and would like to have the script file it in for them and
> 'press enter'.  Is this possible with WSH?  If so can you please give me
> some keywords to lookup or maybe a site that goes over how to od this?
> Thanks for any help in advance!

Don't know about WSH, but look here for a solution to your problem:

http://www.hiddensoft.com/AutoIt

Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. 'Canned' data in VB program

2. Sendkeys example won't work

3. Sendkeys doesn't work on laptop

4. can't send tab with sendkeys

5. NUMLOCK doesn't understand SendKeys in 5.6

6. SendKeys does'nt work

7. Runtime error ''800a01b6''

8. VBScript 'private'/'public'

9. stopping users interupting 'sendkeys'

10. 'ActiveX can't create object'

11. 'history' command doesn't work

12. Don't understand 'Set'