ADSI Question
Author Message
 ADSI Question

Complex question:

I am getting the user's NT logon on name from client-side scripting.  I
want to be able to query it against the ADSI database which contains the NT
true list of users.  Thus authenicating the user using VBScript.  Any
ideas.

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 01:24:02 GMT
 ADSI Question
How do you get it on the client side?  On the server side, looking up the
username via ADSI doesn't "authenticate" the user - it only proves you were
passed a valid domainname\username.  Perhaps some detail on what your
ultimate objective is would help get you a better answer...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Complex question:

> I am getting the user's NT logon on name from client-side scripting.  I
> want to be able to query it against the ADSI database which contains the
NT
> true list of users.  Thus authenicating the user using VBScript.  Any
> ideas.

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 07:39:59 GMT

1. Stupid VBScript/ADSI question

2. Another ADSI question...

3. Stupid VBScript/ADSI question

4. ADSI Question

5. ADSI questions user properties

6. ADSI question

7. ADSI Question

8. ADSI Question

9. ADSI question

10. ADSI question (can I just installl it on our PDC?)

11. ADSI question (can I just installl it on our PDC?)

12. Help -- ADsPath Question - ADSI