How to display a "this can take a few moments" message
Author Message
 How to display a "this can take a few moments" message

I have a script that takes some time to process, so I would like
to generate a "This can take a few moments, please wait..." message
in the client's browser, and just then start the processing itself, as
you can imagine It could be quite annoying for a client to fill in
a form, send it, and then wait a long time wondering what has
happened, or if anything is happening at all.

I would really appreciate any hint you can give me. I'm working with
ASP+IIS4+NT Server.

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to display a "this can take a few moments" message

Try this tutorial
http://www.asptoday.com/articles/20000317.htm

Regards

Henrik Ohm

Quote:
> I have a script that takes some time to process, so I would like
> to generate a "This can take a few moments, please wait..." message
> in the client's browser, and just then start the processing itself, as
> you can imagine It could be quite annoying for a client to fill in
> a form, send it, and then wait a long time wondering what has
> happened, or if anything is happening at all.

> I would really appreciate any hint you can give me. I'm working with
> ASP+IIS4+NT Server.

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to display a "this can take a few moments" message
On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 13:03:22 -0300, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Nicol=E1s?= Raddatz

Quote:

> I have a script that takes some time to process, so I would like
> to generate a "This can take a few moments, please wait..." message
> in the client's browser, and just then start the processing itself, as
> you can imagine It could be quite annoying for a client to fill in
> a form, send it, and then wait a long time wondering what has
> happened, or if anything is happening at all.

> I would really appreciate any hint you can give me. I'm working with
> ASP+IIS4+NT Server.

I presume that this 'script' is to be processed on the server after a form
submission by the user (client). As a response to this form submission the
server should send html file like:

    <h1>Please be patient ...</h1>

This displays this file's content and then asks -- in the onLoad event --
the server for the file FinalResults.htm -- which of course also can be an
asp.

--
Greetings from
 _____

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to display a "this can take a few moments" message

2. Script Control "Taking a long time"

3. "Unable to display help" error message

4. message to Anders (userid "ath")

5. Suppressing "ActiveX control unsafe" message

6. Suppressing "component might be unsafe" message

7. Using "&" in message box

8. "Temporary message"

9. Suppressing "component might be unsafe" message

10. LJ postscript message "processing data"??

11. "...the message has been changed."

12. "Processing" message