Accessing documents in an INTRANET through ASP IIS
Author Message
 Accessing documents in an INTRANET through ASP IIS

Hi there,

Have a situation where I need to creat an ASP app that can grab files throughout
an INtranet and display them on the WEB through the WEB SERVER running Win NT
IIS.

Im sure this would be a common problem throughout but so far I havent found any
solutions. Ive used mapping a share but when I view this from outside the
intranet environment (the web) I cant grab the files.

ANy help would be greatly appreciated

Wed, 19 Nov 2003 07:31:47 GMT
 Accessing documents in an INTRANET through ASP IIS
If you mount a share in IIS, then you'll like run into the local system
account, null session security issue. IIS runs typically as the null session
with zero network privileges. So you can't access those files because you
don't have permission. You can configure IIS to run as a specific user in
the Control Panel services applet.

Actually, that might not be true. Come to think of it, I think IIS is using
the IUSR_ account. In that case, you'll have to configure the IUSR_ account
to access the shares.
--
Randy Charles Morin
Author of Programming Windows Services

Hi there,

Have a situation where I need to creat an ASP app that can grab files
throughout
an INtranet and display them on the WEB through the WEB SERVER running Win
NT
IIS.

Im sure this would be a common problem throughout but so far I havent found
any
solutions. Ive used mapping a share but when I view this from outside the
intranet environment (the web) I cant grab the files.

ANy help would be greatly appreciated

Fri, 21 Nov 2003 06:10:39 GMT

1. Access, IIS, intranet, and good karma

2. Access, IIS, intranet, and good karma

3. ActiveX Document Data Access via IIS????

4. Search Engine for the WEB (Intranet-IIS) - Using VB6

5. SQL Statement - MS Access via IIS with .asp?

6. IIS/ASP accessing a VB6 COM+ DLL - Excessive memory usage / leak

7. ASP,IIS,Access Please help

8. SQL Statement - MS Access via IIS with .asp?

9. SQL Statement - MS Access via IIS with .asp?

10. API For Detecting IIS in the INTRANET

11. How do I use asp files to query a secure Access Database w/IIS 4.0

12. problem accessing IIS://servername/W3svc in asp