Recordsets not returned from stored procedures
Author Message
 Recordsets not returned from stored procedures

I have a website that uses several stored procedures and queries to query an
SQL server.  Recently all pages that used stored procedures stopped
returning recordsets.  They work fine in query analyzer and output
parameters are returned to ASP pages but recordsets give a

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0e78'

Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.

I use code similar to the following.  I can't think of any recent changes to
the web or SQL servers.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dim ConnStr
ConnStr = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Initial Catalog=test_db;Data Source=server;"
Set cnn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
 Cnn.ConnectionTimeout = 120
 Cnn.CommandTimeout = 120
 Cnn.CursorLocation = adUseClient
 Cnn.Open ConnStr, "user", "passwd"

   Set cmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")
   cmd.ActiveConnection = Cnn
   cmd.CommandText = "wsp_test"
   cmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
   cmd.Parameters.Append cmd.CreateParameter("RetVal", adInteger,
adParamReturnValue)
   cmd.Parameters.Append cmd.CreateParameter("Param1", adInteger,
adParamInput)
   cmd("Param1") = 22
   Set RSTest = cmd.Execute

Wed, 17 Aug 2005 06:15:32 GMT
 Recordsets not returned from stored procedures
You have a product.

Show me your product.

This Ms garbage makes me through up.

'800a0e78'

What is this?

Are your sure you get enough to eat?

Quote:
> I have a website that uses several stored procedures and queries to query
an
> SQL server.  Recently all pages that used stored procedures stopped
> returning recordsets.  They work fine in query analyzer and output
> parameters are returned to ASP pages but recordsets give a

> ADODB.Recordset error '800a0e78'

> Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.

> I use code similar to the following.  I can't think of any recent changes
> the web or SQL servers.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> dim ConnStr
> ConnStr = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Initial Catalog=test_db;Data
Source=server;"
> Set cnn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
>  Cnn.ConnectionTimeout = 120
>  Cnn.CommandTimeout = 120
>  Cnn.CursorLocation = adUseClient
>  Cnn.Open ConnStr, "user", "passwd"

>    Set cmd = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Command")
>    cmd.ActiveConnection = Cnn
>    cmd.CommandText = "wsp_test"
>    cmd.CommandType = adCmdStoredProc
>    cmd.Parameters.Append cmd.CreateParameter("RetVal", adInteger,
> adParamReturnValue)
>    cmd.Parameters.Append cmd.CreateParameter("Param1", adInteger,
> adParamInput)
>    cmd("Param1") = 22
>    Set RSTest = cmd.Execute

Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:39:07 GMT

1. Sql server stored procedures not returning a recordset...?

2. Stored procedure not returning a recordset....?

3. Returning recordsets with Stored Procedures: Possible?

4. Find method does not work on recordset obtained from stored procedure

5. ado recordsets from stored procedures, stored procedures have input parameters

6. Return recordset from Oracle Stored Procedure to VB.

7. Using SQL2000, returning an XML document (string) instead of a recordset, from a stored procedure

8. ADO or DataEnvironment COMMAND Using Store procedure can't return recordset

9. Returning keyset/dynamic recordsets when executing parameterized queries against Stored Procedures

10. How to return a recordset from a stored procedure

11. Returning Recordset With Oracle Stored Procedure?

12. HELP!: RecordSets, return values, Stored Procedures, in VB, SQL6.5