disable a checkbox without turning gray
Author Message
 disable a checkbox without turning gray

Hi,
Is there a way to "disable" a form element checkbox without changing the
interior color gray?

Maybe a hack that allows disabling the checkbox but changes the interior
color to white?

Thanks in advance . . .

Glenn

Sun, 21 Sep 2003 10:03:45 GMT
 disable a checkbox without turning gray
The wole point with disabling the button, is so that it will turn gray, so
people understand tht you can't click on it........

But you might be able tyo do it with CSS.

Quote:
> Hi,
> Is there a way to "disable" a form element checkbox without changing the
> interior color gray?

> Maybe a hack that allows disabling the checkbox but changes the interior
> color to white?

> Thanks in advance . . .

> Glenn

Sun, 21 Sep 2003 13:26:55 GMT
 disable a checkbox without turning gray
Hi,
Thanks, yes I know but I have a use for it. I looked at Style but haven't
come up with anything short of a make-my-own solution. Any ideas are
appreciated.
Glenn

Quote:
> The wole point with disabling the button, is so that it will turn gray, so
> people understand tht you can't click on it........

> But you might be able tyo do it with CSS.

> > Hi,
> > Is there a way to "disable" a form element checkbox without changing the
> > interior color gray?

> > Maybe a hack that allows disabling the checkbox but changes the interior
> > color to white?

> > Thanks in advance . . .

> > Glenn

Sun, 21 Sep 2003 20:45:29 GMT
 disable a checkbox without turning gray
You can always do it this way (it's even JavaScript 1.0):

<INPUT TYPE="checkbox" onclick="this.checked=!this.checked">

Quote:

--
Dave Anderson

Sun, 21 Sep 2003 22:37:42 GMT
 disable a checkbox without turning gray
You're absolutely correct. Programmatically setting "checked", etc.,
overrides the mouse.
Thanks. . .

Quote:
> You can always do it this way (it's even JavaScript 1.0):

> <INPUT TYPE="checkbox" onclick="this.checked=!this.checked">

> > Hi,
> > Is there a way to "disable" a form element checkbox without changing the
> > interior color gray?

> > Maybe a hack that allows disabling the checkbox but changes the interior
> > color to white?

> > Thanks in advance . . .

> > Glenn

> --
> Dave Anderson

Use
> of this email address implies consent to these terms.

Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:12:42 GMT

1. Disabled Menu Item Without Graying

2. How to disable label/textbox without graying it?

3. Turning a check box gray.

4. API to make radio button and check boxs read only with out turn gray

5. API to make radio button and check boxs read only with out turning gray

6. gray Checkbox in datagrid

7. Checkbox - grayed value

8. Grayed checkbox in treeview - problem with win-api

9. Grayed checkboxes in a listview

10. treeview checkbox tri-state (grayed)?

11. disable close button without disabling make small button

12. Menu item becomes checked and disabled (not grayed)