Linking to another web page
Author Message
 Linking to another web page

I need to know if there is a function (similar to
javascript 'replace') which I can use in asp to make a
page load another if a certain condition is met.
e.g

If DoLink = "No" then
  Alert "Not going to link"
Esleif intDoLing = "Yes" then
  'Code here to load another page instead of this one'
end if

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:38:11 GMT
 Linking to another web page

Quote:
> I need to know if there is a function (similar to
> javascript 'replace') which I can use in asp to make a
> page load another if a certain condition is met.
> e.g

> If DoLink = "No" then
>   Alert "Not going to link"
> Esleif intDoLing = "Yes" then
>   'Code here to load another page instead of this one'
> end if

can use:   Response.Redirect("yourUrl.html")

Clint
Augustus

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 15:20:15 GMT
 Linking to another web page
you forgot to mention that that's ASP-only, not client-side script.

considering the poster had an 'alert' call in there, it would be logical
to mention this.

and to the original poster : VBScript isn't recommended client-side
unless you can guarantee a one-browser, homogeneous environment. and
even them, it's often easier to use javascript anyway.

Atrax - MVP [Microsoft Most Valued Professional]

http://www.infinitemonkeys.ws/

Host with me for $100 a year!
http://www.atrax.ws/hosting/

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:46:25 GMT
 Linking to another web page
Just use:

response.redirect url

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 22:38:11 -0800, "Dominic Foster"

Quote:

>I need to know if there is a function (similar to
>javascript 'replace') which I can use in asp to make a
>page load another if a certain condition is met.
>e.g

>If DoLink = "No" then
>  Alert "Not going to link"
>Esleif intDoLing = "Yes" then
>  'Code here to load another page instead of this one'
>end if

Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:46:36 GMT
 Linking to another web page

Quote:
> you forgot to mention that that's ASP-only, not client-side script.

> and to the original poster : VBScript isn't recommended client-side
> unless you can guarantee a one-browser, homogeneous environment. and
> even them, it's often easier to use javascript anyway.

If you reread his post, you'll notice:
      "... which I can use in asp to make a page load another... "

So, I didn't mention that its ASP only, since thats what he was looking for

Augustus

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 05:19:35 GMT
 Linking to another web page
window.location.replace "another.url"
window.location.href = "another.url"
window.navigate "another.url"

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I need to know if there is a function (similar to
> javascript 'replace') which I can use in asp to make a
> page load another if a certain condition is met.
> e.g

> If DoLink = "No" then
>   Alert "Not going to link"
> Esleif intDoLing = "Yes" then
>   'Code here to load another page instead of this one'
> end if

Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:20:32 GMT

1. Spawning a link to a web page

2. how do u embed a dowload link into ur web page

3. Calling a local script file from a Web Page Link

4. How download link work on a web page?

5. Calling a local script file from a Web Page Link

6. web page link to a public folder?

7. Linking to Web Pages

8. How Do I input commands to use WEB Page buttons (links) with VB5

9. pass a form from web page to web page

10. Passing variables from one web page to another web page using JavaScript

11. pass a form from web page to web page

12. Web Browser: Opening link in new Web Browser window