VBScript Function causes memory leak!
Author Message
 VBScript Function causes memory leak!

Please help!

The Microsoft Homepage warns about the following error:
VBS 2.0 String Formatting Functions Leak Memory.

(see http://www.*-*-*.com/ )

Has this been fixed now?! Is there a patch available!? What about later
editions of VBScript?

I absolutely rely on these functions for ASP scripts, which Microsoft
says are most at risk!

I am using ColdFusion on a modern Win NT server. Could this affect me?
How can I find out?

Please help?

Joe.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 05 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 VBScript Function causes memory leak!
Read the *whole* KB article, especially...

<snip>
STATUS
Microsoft has confirmed this to be a bug in the Microsoft products listed at the beginning of this
article. This bug was corrected in Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.
<snip>

IE5.0 installs VBScript 5.0
IE5.01 installs VBScript 5.1
IE5.5 installs VBScript 5.5

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Please help!

> The Microsoft Homepage warns about the following error:
> VBS 2.0 String Formatting Functions Leak Memory.

> (see http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q171/3/65.ASP )

> Has this been fixed now?! Is there a patch available!? What about later
> editions of VBScript?

> I absolutely rely on these functions for ASP scripts, which Microsoft
> says are most at risk!

> I am using ColdFusion on a modern Win NT server. Could this affect me?
> How can I find out?

> Please help?

> Joe.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Mon, 05 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Database not available causing memory leak in vbscript

2. eVB CreateObject Function Causes Memory Leak

3. FormatNumber Function / VBScript 5 and ASP Memory Leak

4. WSH causing memory leak in MDM.EXE

5. SR2 causes memory leak!???

6. ADO cause memory leak on EXCEL.

7. Win32API calls causing potentially memory leaks

8. Memory Leak caused?

9. Spliter bar causes memory leak! VB4

10. How to detect what is causing memory leak

11. Mapi control causes memory leak

12. BUG: DataBinding causes memory leak in UserControls