How can I read registry value(s) with vbscript?
Author Message
 How can I read registry value(s) with vbscript?

Hi,

I want to read a registry value with VBScript code, but don't know how. Can
anybody help me out?

Thanks,
Peter

Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:06:40 GMT
 How can I read registry value(s) with vbscript?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/scri...
ml/wsMthRegRead.asp

WScript.Echo WshShell.RegRead("HKCU\ScriptEngine\Val")  ' Read from value
"Val".
WScript.Echo WshShell.RegRead("HKCU\ScriptEngine\Key\") ' Read from key
"Key".

Quote:
> Hi,

> I want to read a registry value with vbscript code, but don't know how.
Can
> anybody help me out?

> Thanks,
> Peter

Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:27:14 GMT
 How can I read registry value(s) with vbscript?
Hi,

Yes, WScript.Shell can be used to read registry settings. Let us know if
this does not work for you.

Regards,
Yan Liu

Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:36:35 GMT
 How can I read registry value(s) with vbscript?
grab a copy of the WSH documentation from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/

(yes, you can, and it's all explained there)

Atrax - MVP [Microsoft Most Valued Professional]

http://www.infinitemonkeys.ws/

Host with me for $100 a year!
http://www.atrax.ws/hosting/

Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:19:39 GMT

1. Reading user's registry value

2. How to read registry values?

3. Read a value in a remote registry

4. Reading registry values containing a backslash (\)

5. How do i read registry values

6. How can I read registry values?

7. How to read a value from the registry ...

8. How to read registry key containing many string values

9. Reading registry values

10. Reading binary registry values using regobj.dll

11. Reading Registry values remotely

12. Reading/Writing Hex values from the registry