Client-side VBScript and Server-side VBScript?
Author Message
 Client-side VBScript and Server-side VBScript?

Whatever account your ASP runs under (IUSR_machinename or an authenticated NT domain account) must have read/execute access to the Office folder (and all of it's existing files and subfolders).  That account must also have Change access to the file system folder to which you are trying to save the Word file.

--
Michael Harris

  In Server side ,I use WINDOWS NT4(SERVICE PACK6 )+ IIS 4 + OFFICE 2000.In
  client side , I use Internet Explorer 4 SP1 + OFFICE 2000. The following
  codes works well in client side:
  <SCRIPT LANGUAGE=VBScript>
      set objword = CreateObject("Word.Application")
      set objdocu = objword.Documents.Add
      objword.Selection.Range.Text = "Hello, test"
      objdocu.SaveAs("c:\temp\hello.doc")
      objdocu.Close
      objword.Quit
  </SCRIPT

  While  in server side, I modified it to this:
  <%
      set objword = CreateObject("Word.Application")
      set objdocu = objword.Documents.Add
      objword.Selection.Range.Text = "Hello, test"
      objdocu.Saveas(Server.MapPath("hello.doc")
      objdocu.Close
      objword.Quit

  %>

  I have tried to search all the possible help in
  : http://www.*-*-*.com/ and also, I have asked many questions here.
  But the Server-side scriptes still could not work. Could anyone tell me a
  "total solution" to let the above script run? Please, I am dying.
                 Robert Wane

Fri, 17 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

:http://support.microsoft.com and also, I have asked many questions here.
But the Server-side scriptes still could not work. Could anyone tell me a
"total solution" to let the above script run? Please, I am dying.
               Robert Wane

Sat, 18 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Client-side VBScript and Server-side VBScript?
Oh, and don't forget to actually install Office on the Server!

--
Aunty Dan (Remove X from Hotmail to reply directly)

[...]

1. pass server side vbscript to client side javascript

2. Help converting server-side VBScript array into client-side JScript array

3. Calling client-side javascript function from server-side vbscript

4. getting server side vbscript array to client side jscript

5. Calling client-side javascript from server-side vbscript

6. dumb question - fundamentals of client-side vs server-side vbscript

7. getting server side vbscript array to client side jscript

8. Calling Server Side JScript from Server Side VBScript

9. Strange behavior of VBscript/WMI into ASP (compared to VBscript/WMI into client-side application)

10. ? Get rid of VBScript title in msgbox (client Side VBScript)

11. How can I transfer a client side variable to server in VBScript

12. store server-side array in client side