to execute a BAT file from within a VBS file?
Author Message
 to execute a BAT file from within a VBS file?

Hello,

I have a .VBS file which runs a couple of tasks. At the end of it, I would
like to call a .BAT file to run. How do I write that in the .VBS file?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:00:47 GMT
 to execute a BAT file from within a VBS file?

Quote:

> Hello,

> I have a .VBS file which runs a couple of tasks. At the end of it, I
> would like to call a .BAT file to run. How do I write that in the
> .VBS file?

> Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

See the Windows Script Host documentation for the Run method.  For
example ...

  CreateObject("Wscript.Shell).Run "%comspec% /c your.bat", 0, True

The example will run the procedure in a hidden window and wait for it to
complete executing before it proceeds with the rest of the script.  See
the documentation for other options ...

Complete set of documentation available for download:

  http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/wshdoc.exe

Tom Lavedas
-----------
http://www.pressroom.com/~tglbatch/

Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:10:05 GMT

1. Executing .js files like .bat files

2. Running DOS BAT file from VBS file

3. How I can execute a file.bat ?

4. how to execute a batch file into a VBS file

5. Executing an .bat file on my webserver

6. How to execute a file.bat

7. Executing a bat file form ASP

8. How to execute a file.bat

9. How do I execute a MS-DOS .bat file from VB

10. Help me to execute a BAT file inside of VB

11. Executing .bat files on Mapped drives

12. Execute .bat file from VB project