Newbie Question. File Deletion Script
Author Message
 Newbie Question. File Deletion Script

Hello,
I've been going through the Windows Scripting Guide book, Technet Scripting
Center, and MSDN Scripting Tutorial.

I'm trying to create a script that (harder then it seems) will parse each
subfolder in the "Documents and Settings" folder of each Windows 2000
Terminal Server box.

I want to delete everything located under the Temporary Internet Files
directory located under each local users profile cache.

I would like to incorporate this into a reboot script.  For example:
1.  Disable Logins
2.  Stop Spooler
3.  Delete Temp files (normal)
4.  Stop IMA Service
5.  Delete Temp Internet Files (local profile path)
6.  Reboot system

Sun, 17 Jul 2005 02:55:14 GMT
 Newbie Question. File Deletion Script
Not that this is an answer to what you asked, but how about if you set login
time restrictions on the users, set their sessions to terminate in TS
manager, and add them to the guests group on the server so their profile
isn't saved?

Ray at work

Quote:
> Hello,
> I've been going through the Windows Scripting Guide book, Technet
Scripting
> Center, and MSDN Scripting Tutorial.

> I'm trying to create a script that (harder then it seems) will parse each
> subfolder in the "Documents and Settings" folder of each Windows 2000
> Terminal Server box.

> I want to delete everything located under the Temporary Internet Files
> directory located under each local users profile cache.

> I would like to incorporate this into a reboot script.  For example:
> 1.  Disable Logins
> 2.  Stop Spooler
> 3.  Delete Temp files (normal)
> 4.  Stop IMA Service
> 5.  Delete Temp Internet Files (local profile path)
> 6.  Reboot system

Sun, 17 Jul 2005 04:49:44 GMT
 Newbie Question. File Deletion Script
Sounds interesting....

How will this affect my Roaming Profiles...

Keep in mind.  I am using Roaming Profiles because of Citrix Load
Balancing (didn't mention this before)...

The purpose is to run this script on 10-20 servers to remove temp files
when I reboot the servers.

I use delprof now in my script to remove old profiles but this does not
address current profiles with massive temp files in Temporary Internet
files.

There are some registry keys that allow you to "limit" the cache size
but I would still like to create my script.

Sun, 17 Jul 2005 08:47:18 GMT

1. One more File Deletion question

2. Newbie question - calling a VBS script from another VBS script

3. how to protect a file from deletion

4. Deletion of Open Files

5. ASPUpload file deletion

6. Newbie VB Script Question

7. Newbie Question: about file type for .frm files

8. Error in VBA script after moving pst file (newbie here)

9. Newbie. Problems email file transfer script

10. Deletion from LEFT JOINed tables - very basic question

11. Deletion from LEFT JOINed tables - very basic question

12. Have simple question re: Deletion and RecordCount Thanks!