How to run a VBScript function from a web page link?
Author Message
 How to run a VBScript function from a web page link?

I am new to ASP programming, but I know VBScript pretty well (don't know
JScript). I'd like to know if there is a way for me to write an ASP page
that contains a link which runs a VBScript when clicked. In addition, the
link needs to contain several values to be passed on to the function.

I was looking at the APPLET tag and looks like this would do what I want,
but for JScript only. Is there an equivalent for VBScript? If the answer is
the OBJECT tag, I sure could use some sample code. I was reading up on
OBJECT in one of the HTLM references and had a hard time making sense of it
without a sample.

Thanks in advance.

Charlie

Sun, 11 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to run a VBScript function from a web page link?
Good overview of asp here
http://www.microsoft.com/TechNet/iis/train11.asp#c

for more examples see articles at
http://www.ASPkey.com

Quote:

>I am new to ASP programming, but I know VBScript pretty well (don't know
>JScript). I'd like to know if there is a way for me to write an ASP page
>that contains a link which runs a VBScript when clicked. In addition, the
>link needs to contain several values to be passed on to the function.

>I was looking at the APPLET tag and looks like this would do what I want,
>but for JScript only. Is there an equivalent for VBScript? If the answer is
>the OBJECT tag, I sure could use some sample code. I was reading up on
>OBJECT in one of the HTLM references and had a hard time making sense of it
>without a sample.

>Thanks in advance.

>Charlie

Sun, 11 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Calling a local script file from a Web Page Link

2. Linking to another web page

3. How download link work on a web page?

4. Calling a local script file from a Web Page Link

5. web page link to a public folder?

6. Linking to Web Pages

7. How Do I input commands to use WEB Page buttons (links) with VB5

8. Spawning a link to a web page

9. how do u embed a dowload link into ur web page

10. pass a form from web page to web page

11. link on a vbscript function

12. Passing variables from one web page to another web page using JavaScript