Preload Object Error (Need Help, Trying to Learn VBScript)
Author Message
 Preload Object Error (Need Help, Trying to Learn VBScript)

Attached is a section of code using the Preload Object ActiveX Control

<h3>Preload</h3>
<em>This control is used to preload graphics in advance of when they are
needed.
When you click the "Verify" button below, you should receive About box
information if the
control is correctly loaded.</em>
<OBJECT
     ID="PreLoader"
     CLASSID="CLSID:16E349E0-702C-11CF-A3A9-00A0C9034920"
     CODEBASE=" http://www.*-*-*.com/
           ocx#Version=4,70,0,1161"
     TYPE="application/x-oleobject"
     WIDTH=1
     HEIGHT=1
<PARAM NAME="URL" value="info/avatars.jpg">
<PARAM NAME="enable" value="1">
</OBJECT>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
<!-- Option Explicit
   sub cmdPreloadTest_OnClick
       PreLoader.AboutBox
   end sub
-->
</SCRIPT>

However, when I run this file I get the following error message:

"Error: Object doesn't support this property or method PreLoader.AboutBox"

Two Questions:

1) Where can I view the list of methods avaialable fo and ActiveX control?
2) For this control, if I want to display the About box for this control, what
commend should I use?

Thu, 27 Feb 2003 07:49:26 GMT
 Preload Object Error (Need Help, Trying to Learn VBScript)

??? Preload Object ActiveX Control ???

A rather odd thing to be learning on ;-)...

See the following for an application that uses it (a little dated - from Feb 1997):

Web Workshop - The ActiveXmas Setup Wizard
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/essentials/contests/setwiz/setwiz....

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Attached is a section of code using the Preload Object ActiveX Control

> <h3>Preload</h3>
> <em>This control is used to preload graphics in advance of when they are
> needed.
> When you click the "Verify" button below, you should receive About box
> information if the
> control is correctly loaded.</em>
> <OBJECT
>      ID="PreLoader"
>      CLASSID="CLSID:16E349E0-702C-11CF-A3A9-00A0C9034920"
>      CODEBASE="http://activex.microsoft.com/controls/iexplorer/iepreld.
>            ocx#Version=4,70,0,1161"
>      TYPE="application/x-oleobject"
>      WIDTH=1
>      HEIGHT=1

> <PARAM NAME="URL" value="info/avatars.jpg">
> <PARAM NAME="enable" value="1">
> </OBJECT>

> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
> <!-- Option Explicit
>    sub cmdPreloadTest_OnClick
>        PreLoader.AboutBox
>    end sub
> -->
> </SCRIPT>

> However, when I run this file I get the following error message:

> "Error: Object doesn't support this property or method PreLoader.AboutBox"

> Two Questions:

> 1) Where can I view the list of methods avaialable fo and ActiveX control?
> 2) For this control, if I want to display the About box for this control, what
> commend should I use?

Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:45:15 GMT

1. Preload Object Error

2. Perl programmer trying to learn VBScript Regex

3. Error 429 trying to create Word objects - help!

4. Trying to learn VB....getting stuck....please help

5. VBscript - Error 424 Object Required - NEED a FIX

6. HELP WHAT SOFTWARE DO I NEED TO LEARN VISUAL BASICS

7. HELP WHAT SOFTWARE DO I NEED TO LEARN VISUAL BASICS

8. Help Help Help i need to learn how to do fades in qbasic 4.5

9. permission denied error when trying to call send method of NewMail object

10. Need Help with Microsoft VBScript compilation error

11. Need help in Vbscript error

12. Error 0x80040154 on trying to register DLL COM Object