How download link work on a web page?
Author Message
 How download link work on a web page?

Hi All,

Can anybody tell me as how does the dowload link on a site works.I have some
files on my web site which I want the users can download on clicking at a
link saying "Download now".
Could anybody tell me as how should I code in VBScript(ASP).

Hrishikesh Korde
Formula Systems Pvt Ltd .A1-401 Kohinoor Estate.Mula Road.
Bombay Pune Highway Pune,Maharashtra,India.
Tel:(+91)(020) 5812554, (+91)(020)5812088

Tue, 02 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How download link work on a web page?
It depends on the file type you are downloading.  Just have;

The behaviour you get depends on your browser.  It it's a .DOC file and you
have Word installed then it will display the file in the browser, if not it
will download.  It it'a .TXT file then again it will display in the browser.
If it's a .EXE then it will ask to download it, likewise with .ZIP.  As fas
as I know you can't control this.  If the user wants to explicity download
something regardless of the extenstion they have to right-click and select
Save Target As (IE)

Tue, 02 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Working of Download links?

2. WSH Download link not working-Alternate?

3. New download page / 3900+ links about Object-Orientation

4. Download a page and links

5. Program for downloading of web pages from internet

6. Download macros from project server web pages

7. Help needed: Downloading web page source

8. Program for downloading of web pages from internet

9. How to download the HTML source of a web page

10. Downloading many files from a web page

11. Using MSXML to download a web page

12. How do I detect when a web page has completed download