Full Screen MsgBox
Author Message
 Full Screen MsgBox

Anybody ever seen this?  On some of my scripts that use MsgBox, my computer
at work has started displaying them full screen, with the data and buttons
in the upper left corner.  Same thing happens with WScript Echo.  Very
weird.

--

Bill James
Microsoft MVP-DTS

Free Win9x VBScript Utilities
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~wgjames/vbspage/

Mon, 15 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Full Screen MsgBox
AFAIK, msgboxes size themselves, based on the message content (size).

most likely, the system is using the MessageBoxA/W or MessageBoxExA/W api
calls found in USER32.DLL to create it's msgboxes.  Perhaps your user32.dll
is a little corrupted.

It might be worth a try to reload it.

cheers, jw

Quote:
> Anybody ever seen this?  On some of my scripts that use MsgBox, my
computer
> at work has started displaying them full screen, with the data and buttons
> in the upper left corner.  Same thing happens with WScript Echo.  Very
> weird.

> --

> Bill James
> Microsoft MVP-DTS

> Free Win9x VBScript Utilities
> http://home.earthlink.net/~wgjames/vbspage/

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Full Screen MsgBox

Actually I've had freaky little things like that happen as well, but in my case it was whacked out menus that were half the screen width.  But the problem went away as mysteriously as they came.

--
Michael Harris

  AFAIK, msgboxes size themselves, based on the message content (size).

  most likely, the system is using the MessageBoxA/W or MessageBoxExA/W api
  calls found in USER32.DLL to create it's msgboxes.  Perhaps your user32.dll
  is a little corrupted.

  It might be worth a try to reload it.

  cheers, jw

  > Anybody ever seen this?  On some of my scripts that use MsgBox, my
  computer
  > at work has started displaying them full screen, with the data and buttons
  > in the upper left corner.  Same thing happens with WScript Echo.  Very
  > weird.
  >
  > --
  >
  > Bill James
  > Microsoft MVP-DTS
  >
  > Free Win9x VBScript Utilities
  > http://home.earthlink.net/~wgjames/vbspage/

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Full Screen MsgBox
In one specific case it is an aprox. 5 word message and an OK button - just
a confirmation message.  The only thing unique about the script is that it
waits till another program exits, which could be up to an hour.  What I am
doing is rewriting some Registry values for the program I need to run,
running it, then writing the old values back after the program exits.  None
of the Registry keys have anything to do with scripting.  Very weird and
surprising to see a full screen msgbox with the short sentence and OK button
in the upper left of the screen.  I don't even need the ending prompt, but
put it in for testing.

I haven't had much time the past few days to mess with this at work where
the problem is happening, but am forwarding your message there so I will
remember it next week.

--

Bill James
Microsoft MVP-DTS

Free Win9x VBScript Utilities
http://home.earthlink.net/~wgjames/vbspage/

Quote:
> AFAIK, msgboxes size themselves, based on the message content (size).

> most likely, the system is using the MessageBoxA/W or MessageBoxExA/W api
> calls found in USER32.DLL to create it's msgboxes.  Perhaps your
user32.dll
> is a little corrupted.

> It might be worth a try to reload it.

> cheers, jw

> > Anybody ever seen this?  On some of my scripts that use MsgBox, my
> computer
> > at work has started displaying them full screen, with the data and
buttons
> > in the upper left corner.  Same thing happens with WScript Echo.  Very
> > weird.

> > --

> > Bill James
> > Microsoft MVP-DTS

> > Free Win9x VBScript Utilities
> > http://home.earthlink.net/~wgjames/vbspage/

Tue, 16 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Full Screen MsgBox
Another possibility could be either your app (or another app) sending a
"show window" message to your message box, with a SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED constant
rather than a SW_SHOWNORMAL constant.  (There is only one bit difference).

    Const SW_SHOWNORMAL = 1
    Const SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED = 3

happy hunting, jw

Quote:
> Anybody ever seen this?  On some of my scripts that use MsgBox, my
computer
> at work has started displaying them full screen, with the data and buttons
> in the upper left corner.  Same thing happens with WScript Echo.  Very
> weird.

> --

> Bill James
> Microsoft MVP-DTS

> Free Win9x VBScript Utilities
> http://home.earthlink.net/~wgjames/vbspage/

Thu, 18 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. MsgBox over Full screen AVI?

2. msgbox opens full screen rather than window

3. Full screen with full-size active-x control problem

4. Full screen with full-size active-x control problem

5. OffScreen image/screen pages/full screen management/multimedia

6. Capturing screen contents of full screen DOS app under windows

7. Capturing screen contents of full screen DOS app under windows

8. Changing screen resolution in full-screen programs?

9. Capture Screen in DirectX full screen application

10. Changing screen resolution in full-screen programs?

11. Alert (msgbox) when Disk is full each 2 Hours

12. Full screen IE on desktop shortcut