CreateObject("Outlook.Application")...
Author Message
 CreateObject("Outlook.Application")...

I have got an html page that is meant to access
information stored in Outlook by the following code:

<script language="VBScript" runat="server">
Set myApplication = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set myNameSpace = myApplication.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
Set myFolders = myNameSpace.Folders("Public Folders")
Set RealFolders = myFolders.Folders("All Public Folders")
Set RealFolder = RealFolders.Folders("myOutlookFolder")
Set myItems = RealFolder.Items
On Error Resume Next
For i=1 to myItems.Count
Next
</script>

This page work with no problems locally. But when
accessing this page via web, Error: ActiveX component
can't create object 'Outlook.Application'.
Does anyone know how to sort this out?
Cheers...

Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:27:25 GMT
 CreateObject("Outlook.Application")...
Don't you need a:

myNameSpace.Logon "Outlook Profile Name Goes here"

after you do the GetNameSpace?

Also, I'm not sure if it will work using the outlook.application class and
library.  You may have to look at CDO

Quote:
> I have got an html page that is meant to access
> information stored in Outlook by the following code:

> <script language="vbscript" runat="server">
> Set myApplication = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
> Set myNameSpace = myApplication.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
> Set myFolders = myNameSpace.Folders("Public Folders")
> Set RealFolders = myFolders.Folders("All Public Folders")
> Set RealFolder = RealFolders.Folders("myOutlookFolder")
> Set myItems = RealFolder.Items
> On Error Resume Next
> For i=1 to myItems.Count
> Next
> </script>

> This page work with no problems locally. But when
> accessing this page via web, Error: ActiveX component
> can't create object 'Outlook.Application'.
> Does anyone know how to sort this out?
> Cheers...

Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:37:36 GMT

1. CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

2. CreateObject("Outlook.Application") problem

3. Problems with Createobject("Outlook.Application")

4. CreateObject("Outlook.Application")

5. CreateObject("Outlook.Application") does not work

6. Bypassing Outlook's Security - using CreateObject("Outlook.application")

7. HELP: CreateObject("Outlook.Application") act like GetObject

8. OL2000 crash on CreateObject("Outlook.Application") - previously working macros

9. why we can not use createobject ("Outlook.Application") inside HTMLBody

10. var OOutlook=WScript.CreateObject("Outlook.Application"); FAILED

11. vbscript / CreateObject("Outlook.Application") does not function

12. CreateObject("Outlook.Application ") does'nt fonction !