Disable pop up window
Author Message
 Disable pop up window

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to disable pop up window when user
click on the mouse on a web page? The reason is I don't
want people to use the mouse to point at the picture and
right click the mouse to save the picture.

Also, is there anyway to disable the internet
explorer "Save" and "Save As" function?

Thanks
Cracker

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 05:56:11 GMT
 Disable pop up window
You need to remember that if somebody is viewing an image on your web page,
they have already downloaded it to their local hard drive.  Anybody can go
to their temporary internet files and retrieve your "protected" content.  By
disabling the right-click, you are only annoying visitors by messing with
the expected functionality of their web browsers and giving yourself a false
sense of security.

--

=========================
Kyle M. Burns, MCSD, MCT

Quote:
> Hi all,

> Does anyone know how to disable pop up window when user
> click on the mouse on a web page? The reason is I don't
> want people to use the mouse to point at the picture and
> right click the mouse to save the picture.

> Also, is there anyway to disable the internet
> explorer "Save" and "Save As" function?

> Thanks
> Cracker

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 07:05:12 GMT
 Disable pop up window
Also at any time once the image is dispalyed on the monitor they can hit the
print Screen
and Ctl + V on work excell paintbrush , Adobe and get the image back .
Hemant

Quote:
> You need to remember that if somebody is viewing an image on your web
page,
> they have already downloaded it to their local hard drive.  Anybody can go
> to their temporary internet files and retrieve your "protected" content.
By
> disabling the right-click, you are only annoying visitors by messing with
> the expected functionality of their web browsers and giving yourself a
false
> sense of security.

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 13:07:30 GMT
 Disable pop up window
the correct way is to declare copyright, rather than attempting to
disable features of the browser, which only annoys users anyway.

Atrax - MVP [Microsoft Most Valued Professional]

http://www.infinitemonkeys.ws/

Host with me for $100 a year!
http://www.atrax.ws/hosting/

Sat, 31 Jul 2004 15:29:05 GMT
 Disable pop up window
There will always be a way for epople to save the image in any case.
I've seen alot of "no-RIGHT-CLICK" scripts out, there, but i've always come
around it.

what i usually do there is right click and hold, wait for the alert, while
holding, just hit enter.
The function will have run its course, but the right-click action is still
invoked, so if i release the mouse button, the context menu still appears.

geez i could go on and on...

Quote:
> the correct way is to declare copyright, rather than attempting to
> disable features of the browser, which only annoys users anyway.

> Atrax - MVP [Microsoft Most Valued Professional]

> http://www.infinitemonkeys.ws/

> Host with me for $100 a year!
> http://www.atrax.ws/hosting/

Sun, 01 Aug 2004 23:38:10 GMT

1. downloading file without pop-ups

2. Disabling the Help window popping up after pressing F1

3. Pop-ups in MS Office

4. pop-ups

5. Pop-ups in TreeView

6. Pop-ups

7. Pop ups

8. control enumeration pop-ups at design time

9. Pop Ups

10. Script to Disable Windows Security Alert Pop Up

11. Disable all OS related pop up window messages

12. Pop Up Windows Popping up Blank