Specifying the Target Frame
Author Message
 Specifying the Target Frame

Hi

 Help or advice please

 I have used the following script to make a link to a new page - and it
works

  BUT

 If I have a Multiframe page, how may I modify the script to specify the
Target Frame?

 SUB someButton_onClick

  top.location.href = " http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;

 End sub

Tank you - in anticipation
Pete (Northolt UK)

Sat, 29 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Specifying the Target Frame
I know the javascript if that helps

function move(){
        open("next.asp","_self");

Quote:
}

_self
_blank
_top

etc can be used

Quote:

> Hi

>  Help or advice please

>  I have used the following script to make a link to a new page - and it
> works

>   BUT

>  If I have a Multiframe page, how may I modify the script to specify the
> Target Frame?

>  SUB someButton_onClick

>   top.location.href = "http://www.somepage.com/test.htm"

>  End sub

> Tank you - in anticipation
> Pete (Northolt UK)

Sat, 29 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Specifying the Target Frame
parent.frames("FrameName").window.location.href

or

parent.frames("FrameName").location.href

Don't remember exactly off the top of my head.

Sat, 29 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Specifying the Target Frame
Thank you both for swift advice
Pete(Northolt UK)

Sat, 29 Jun 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Specifying Target Frame question

2. Specifying target frames in Redirect statements

3. specifying target with execCommand('createlink')?

4. MakeTable QueryDefs -- Specifying the Target Table?

5. Specifying no targets with dp8vclient.settransmittargets

6. Frames and setting Target

7. Targeting Frames using VBScript

8. VBScript - How to do a Target= for frames?

9. Send results to different target frames.

10. Internet Control......."Support for Target Frames..???"

11. ActiveX Docs targeting frames

12. Help. Target frame on Web page