Running a EXE file with VB Script
Author Message
 Running a EXE file with VB Script

Hello,
    At work we are currently running Lotus Notes for our Techs to get their
instructions to do there job. In these instruction there is a button that
runs
dskimage.exe that allows the tech to create a download diskette to use.
We have decided that we would like to put these instructions on the Intranet
and stop using Notes for this. Is there anyway to make an exe file run from
a web page. I have a IIS 5 web server and I can use ASP, CGI, Pearl.....
whatever it takes to get this done. I have look everywhere I know to
find an answer to this. Any other suggestions that I may want to look at
would be great too.

Thanks in advance.

Robin

Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:32:24 GMT
 Running a EXE file with VB Script
you can run the exe file from a web page but would the dskimage.exe program
interact with the client or just run locally?  If you want to run an exe,
look at the run method of server object, or aspexec at
http://www.serverobjects.com/products.htm#free

the code for server object looks something like
Dim wsh
Set wsh = Server.CreateObject ("WScript.Shell")
wsh.run ("c:\winnt\notepad.exe")
' you wont see notepad on the server unless you
'have inet services enabled to interact with desktop

you can also create your own com object.  you'll be warned that running exe
on server opens security risks, so should only be used on intranet.  hope
this helps,

YiN

Quote:
> Hello,
>     At work we are currently running Lotus Notes for our Techs to get
their
> instructions to do there job. In these instruction there is a button that
> runs
> dskimage.exe that allows the tech to create a download diskette to use.
> We have decided that we would like to put these instructions on the
Intranet
> and stop using Notes for this. Is there anyway to make an exe file run
from
> a web page. I have a IIS 5 web server and I can use ASP, CGI, Pearl.....
> whatever it takes to get this done. I have look everywhere I know to
> find an answer to this. Any other suggestions that I may want to look at
> would be great too.

> Thanks in advance.

> Robin

Tue, 29 Jul 2003 04:01:09 GMT

1. Running a EXE file with VB Script

2. HTML/ASP run a .exe from VB Script

3. vb login script not running sbsclnt.exe - MS Small Business Server

4. VB Script - how to run .exe program

5. Does anyone know how to start a .exe file in VB Script

6. Using VB Script to execute an EXE file from a Web Browser

7. Executing a .exe file from within VB Script?

8. VB DLL as a service with running VB-Script files problem

9. EXE files - run from asp script?

10. running VB exe from a VB exe

11. How to run a VB .EXE File on another computer

12. Running exe file from VB code