VBScript and JavaScript
Author Message
 VBScript and JavaScript

Hi,

Is it possible to call a VBScript Subroutine from a JavaScript function, or
vice versa?

Cheerio,

Dave B.

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 19:16:04 GMT
 VBScript and JavaScript
David Brunger says:

Quote:
>Is it possible to call a VBScript Subroutine from a JavaScript function, or
>vice versa?

Yes.
And by the way, sometimes it's easier just to try it than it is to
post a question to a newsgroup and wait for a reply.

----------
Randy Hunt
MCP+I / MCSE

visit
www.wshscripting.com for WSH scripts
www.serverscripting.com for server scripts

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:43:53 GMT
 VBScript and JavaScript
Thank you for your swift reply Randy.

Please could you provide a few quick examples as I am having some difficulty
getting it to work properly (I am a relative newcomer to VBScript - and
Visual Basic in general).

Thanks in advance,

David Brunger
Technical Team
Gimmel Ltd
201-203 City Road
London EC1V 1JN

tel: 0870 740 3920

Quote:
> David Brunger says:

> >Is it possible to call a VBScript Subroutine from a JavaScript function,
or
> >vice versa?

> Yes.
> And by the way, sometimes it's easier just to try it than it is to
> post a question to a newsgroup and wait for a reply.

> ----------
> Randy Hunt
> MCP+I / MCSE

> visit
> www.wshscripting.com for WSH scripts
> www.serverscripting.com for server scripts

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 21:31:49 GMT
 VBScript and JavaScript
If the vbscript and javascript are both within the same host context, then you can call back and
forth all you like.  By the "same host context", I mean both in server side ASP script *OR* both in
client side IE script *OR* both in standalone WSH script *OR*...

If you are trying to get client side IE javascript to call server side ASP vbscript, then you can't
since they are not in the same host context...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hi,

> Is it possible to call a VBScript Subroutine from a JavaScript function, or
> vice versa?

> Cheerio,

> Dave B.

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 01:11:51 GMT

1. VBScript to Javascript question

2. Need Help Rewriting VBScript to JavaScript

3. Combination of VBscript and Javascript

4. vbscript <- javascript

5. pass data from vbscript to javascript

6. How to change vbscript to javascript

7. Question on VBScript and JavaScript

8. Does any program convert vbscript to javascript

9. Does any program convert vbscript to javascript

10. translation from vbscript into javascript for compatibiliti with Netscape 4.7

11. Using VbScript in JavaScript

12. VBScript and JavaScript