Multiple-step operation generated errors
Author Message
 Multiple-step operation generated errors

I'm runnign this script that I got from the System Administration Scriting
Guide on a Windwos 2000 Pro SP3 Machine, it will get through 5 or 6 event
log entries and then stop with this error.

      Microsoft Cursor Engine: Multiple-step operation generated errors.
Check each status value.

If I add      On Error Resume Next       to the top of the script, it keeps
on chugging through.

My questions:    Am I missing data in my database because of this error?
                        What is the cause of this error?

Set objConn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
Set objRS = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
objConn.Open "DSN=EventLogs;"
objRS.CursorLocation = 3
objRS.Open "SELECT * FROM EventTable" , objConn, 3, 3
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
    & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colRetrievedEvents = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
    ("Select * from Win32_NTLogEvent")
For Each objEvent in colRetrievedEvents
    objRS.AddNew
    objRS("Category") = objEvent.Category
    objRS("ComputerName") = objEvent.ComputerName
    objRS("EventCode") = objEvent.EventCode
    objRS("Message") = objEvent.Message
    objRS("RecordNumber") = objEvent.RecordNumber
    objRS("SourceName") = objEvent.SourceName
    objRS("TimeWritten") = objEvent.TimeWritten
    objRS("Type") = objEvent.Type
    objRS("User") = objEvent.User
    objRS.Update
Next
objRS.Close
objConn.Close

Tue, 12 Apr 2005 02:56:29 GMT
 Multiple-step operation generated errors
Have you looked at:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-
US;Q279888&

It certainly sounds like a db side thing with the 'cursor
engine' error, but you need to find out which line things
are failing on and a little more info on that.

Dump out the values you are trying to assign to the db
fields to the screen to see if that gives you any clues
(e.g., wscript.echo objEvent.Category)

Quote:

Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:36:49 GMT
 Multiple-step operation generated errors
Now I just feel silly for not checking Technet for myself ....

Thanks

Quote:
> Have you looked at:

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-
> US;Q279888&

> It certainly sounds like a db side thing with the 'cursor
> engine' error, but you need to find out which line things
> are failing on and a little more info on that.

> Dump out the values you are trying to assign to the db
> fields to the screen to see if that gives you any clues
> (e.g., wscript.echo objEvent.Category)

Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:55:38 GMT

1. Multiple-step operation generated errors. (Delete Error)

2. DataGrid Warning - Multiple-step operation generated errors......

3. Multiple-step operation generated errors

4. multiple-step operation generated errors

5. How to locate Multiple-step operation generated errors.

6. Multiple-step operation generated errors

7. Multiple-step operation generated errors

8. Error: Multiple step OLE DB operation generated errors

9. Error: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

10. FileSystemObject.FileCopy Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

11. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

12. Multiple-step OLE DB Operation Generated Errors