Capture F1-F12 Keys
Author Message
 Capture F1-F12 Keys

I am using Body_OnKeyDown to try and capture the F1-F12
keys with some success.  I can capture them, but even
though I can get the keycode, it still activates their
linked commands (such as loading Windows help, open search
window pane, et cetera.)  How do I stop such catastrophic
events from happening???

I have tried returning false, such as Body_OnKeyDown =
False, I have also tried OnKeyPress, and OnKeyUp.  Another
thing that I have tried is setting Window.Event.KeyCode to
0 (Zero).  Nothing seems to work.  Anyone know of a work
around?

Thanks.

Mythran

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 06:34:02 GMT
 Capture F1-F12 Keys
You can't cancel the default action of the Fnn keys...they belong to the IE
UI and the user, not the web page author.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> I am using Body_OnKeyDown to try and capture the F1-F12
> keys with some success.  I can capture them, but even
> though I can get the keycode, it still activates their
> linked commands (such as loading Windows help, open search
> window pane, et cetera.)  How do I stop such catastrophic
> events from happening???

> I have tried returning false, such as Body_OnKeyDown =
> False, I have also tried OnKeyPress, and OnKeyUp.  Another
> thing that I have tried is setting Window.Event.KeyCode to
> 0 (Zero).  Nothing seems to work.  Anyone know of a work
> around?

> Thanks.

> Mythran

Sun, 27 Jun 2004 12:09:52 GMT

1. Capturing F1-F12 keys, can it be done & how??

2. IE5 function keys (F1,F2,F3...F12)

3. VB3 and using F1-F12 keys

4. capturing F1 key?

5. Capture F1 key input

6. VB3 and using F1-F12

7. screen savers with f1-f12 with outlook

8. not enabled TAB, F1,....F12 buttons

9. Need help on F12 Function key

10. Help with function keys F11 and F12

11. Disabling F1 - F12 and other keys in IE 5.0+.

12. Assigning F1 - F12 as hot keys - Anyone done this?