Appearance in Windows XP
Author Message
 Appearance in Windows XP

Does anyone know any tricks to easily change the "Windows and buttons" and
"Color Scheme" options under the appearance tab of the Display properties in
Windows XP through a VBScript?

As I am sure many of you know, Windows XP defaults to "Windows XP style" and
"Default (blue)" for this values after a fresh install.  I want to change
these values to "Windows Classic Style" and "Windows Standard" with a
VBScript.  However when these changes are made manually they affect many
different Binary registry settings.  Is there an easier way or do I have to
manually update all of these registry entries?

Thanks,

Kent

Mon, 16 May 2005 04:42:15 GMT
 Appearance in Windows XP
You might be able to use SendKeys. I don't know whether XP uses
the same Display applet as earlier systems. If it does you can open
the Display applet:

Dim shl
Set shl = CreateObject("Shell.Application")
shl.ControlPanelItem cstr("desk.cpl")

You can then use Sendkeys to navigate tabs and buttons
in order to change the setting.

> Does anyone know any tricks to easily change the "Windows and buttons" and
> "Color Scheme" options under the appearance tab of the Display properties
in
> Windows XP through a VBScript?

> As I am sure many of you know, Windows XP defaults to "Windows XP style"
and
> "Default (blue)" for this values after a fresh install.  I want to change
> these values to "Windows Classic Style" and "Windows Standard" with a
> VBScript.  However when these changes are made manually they affect many
> different Binary registry settings.  Is there an easier way or do I have
> manually update all of these registry entries?

> Thanks,

> Kent

Fri, 20 May 2005 07:23:47 GMT

1. Appearance in Windows XP

2. windows xp and jscript - I cannot Install scriptgen with windows XP

3. Tab control XP appearance

4. DatePicker problem under Windows XP and Office XP

5. Ann: Live Chat on VenturCom Boot-NIC - Windows 2000/XP/XP Embedded Diskless Network Boot

6. Script to Mute Sound - Windows 2000 and Windows XP Systems

7. Changing appearance of windows spawned by Exec()

8. Use look and feel of Windows XP in Windows NT with VB6

9. How to avoid Secondary Windows appearance in taskbar in VB3

10. Windows Common Controls in Windows XP

11. Windows XP API in Windows 2000

12. Windows Appearance Scheme API