SQL VIEWS in ASP?
Author Message
 SQL VIEWS in ASP?

i know how to use a SELECT query in ASP but how do i call a VIEW of a
database?

thanks
mike

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL VIEWS in ASP?
SELECT and VIEW are both client side operations requiring user interaction.
ASP only handles server side scripts and has no user interaction or display
beyond what it can send to the client or handle with forms.

Dave

Sun, 26 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 SQL VIEWS in ASP?
I'm just a database guy perusing the group, but querying a view is no
different than querying a table (what database are you using?).

Just as you can submit "select column_name from table_1", you can submit
"select column_name from view_1" where view_1 itself is defined as a
query on one or more tables.  Is that what you're asking, or am I way off
base?

RD

Quote:

> i know how to use a SELECT query in ASP but how do i call a VIEW of a
> database?

> thanks
> mike

Mon, 27 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing a View on SQL Server from an ASP

2. Views SQL Server 7 asp

3. USing ASP migrating from SQL 6.5 to SQL 7.0

4. Extracting SQL Statements from Views - SQL Server

5. SQL View (SIMPLE!!!) from VBSCRIPT

6. View data in an SQL database?

7. SQL View (SIMPLE!!!) from VBSCRIPT

8. Retrieve image from SQL 7 view in Web page

9. SQL Server View and union

10. Creating a project and viewing from an ASP page

11. Problems with Crystal Reports View in ASP.Net

12. Viewing my reports in ASP