Parse ASP doc without browser?
Author Message
 Parse ASP doc without browser?

I am looking for a technique in ASP that where I can have one ASP page
render a different ASP page and save that second page as flat HTML on the
server.

i.e. Doc1.asp is called from the browser. Doc1.asp then tells the server to
parse Doc2.asp (but NOT to display that doc in any browser), and then save
the resulting HTML as a static .HTML page on the server, for example
Doc2.html.

Can someone point me in the proper direction to create something like this?
TIA
K.

--

---
Keith Soares

---

Fri, 29 Aug 2003 23:59:52 GMT
 Parse ASP doc without browser?
Use the XMLHTTP object to get the results of the ASP page then use
FileSystemObject to save it to disk.

Quote:
> I am looking for a technique in ASP that where I can have one ASP page
> render a different ASP page and save that second page as flat HTML on the
> server.

> i.e. Doc1.asp is called from the browser. Doc1.asp then tells the server
> parse Doc2.asp (but NOT to display that doc in any browser), and then save
> the resulting HTML as a static .HTML page on the server, for example
> Doc2.html.

> Can someone point me in the proper direction to create something like
this?
> TIA
> K.

> --

> ---
> Keith Soares
> B e a n  C r e a t i v e  Funktional Web Design

> ---

Sat, 30 Aug 2003 00:27:34 GMT
 Parse ASP doc without browser?

Quote:
> I am looking for a technique in ASP that where I can have one ASP page
> render a different ASP page and save that second page as flat HTML on the
> server.

I did something similiar a few weeks ago with Javascript. My customer's
website creates custom
reports via ASP and they wanted their customers to be able to email the
document... so I used the
Javascript to submti a form with document.body.innerHTML and then used
VBScript to save
the innerHTML to a temporary file and then ASPMail to attach and send the
temp file to the
email address in the form. Just an idea.

--
Ryan Flynn
Practical web development/design

Sat, 30 Aug 2003 00:47:35 GMT
 Parse ASP doc without browser?
Thanks! Sounds like the XMLHTTP solution is more in line with how I
envisioned it...
K.

--

---
Keith Soares
B e a n  C r e a t i v e  Funktional Web Design

---

Quote:
> I am looking for a technique in ASP that where I can have one ASP page
> render a different ASP page and save that second page as flat HTML on the
> server.

> i.e. Doc1.asp is called from the browser. Doc1.asp then tells the server
> parse Doc2.asp (but NOT to display that doc in any browser), and then save
> the resulting HTML as a static .HTML page on the server, for example
> Doc2.html.

> Can someone point me in the proper direction to create something like
this?
> TIA
> K.

> --

> ---
> Keith Soares
> B e a n  C r e a t i v e  Funktional Web Design

> ---

Sat, 30 Aug 2003 01:00:34 GMT
 Parse ASP doc without browser?

If you follow the XMLHttp suggestions for server side use, make sure that
you install the MS XML Parser version 3.0 - prior to version 3.0, XMLHttp
was *not* intended for server side use...

MSXML Parser 3.0 Release
http://msdn.microsoft.com/code/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/000/541...
mpositedoc.xml

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Thanks! Sounds like the XMLHTTP solution is more in line with how I
> envisioned it...
> K.

> --

> ---
> Keith Soares
> B e a n  C r e a t i v e  Funktional Web Design

> ---

> > I am looking for a technique in ASP that where I can have one ASP page
> > render a different ASP page and save that second page as flat HTML on
the
> > server.

> > i.e. Doc1.asp is called from the browser. Doc1.asp then tells the server
> > parse Doc2.asp (but NOT to display that doc in any browser), and then
save
> > the resulting HTML as a static .HTML page on the server, for example
> > Doc2.html.

> > Can someone point me in the proper direction to create something like
> this?
> > TIA
> > K.

> > --

> > ---
> > Keith Soares
> > B e a n  C r e a t i v e  Funktional Web Design

> > ---

Sat, 30 Aug 2003 04:08:59 GMT

1. Load and Parse HTML Doc without WebBrowser Control

2. Can I get to ASP from VB without using a browser

3. Open a doc, grab a range without having the whole doc being tabled

4. I need help embedding one HTML doc into another without using frames

5. Open DOC without Word Installed?

6. Parsing doc for specific data

7. Parse email address from text document.doc

8. Parse a Word Doc from VB-Applicaiton

9. Parse a Word Doc from VB-Applicaiton

10. Parse a Word Doc from VB-Applicaiton

11. Running an ASP from another ASP without a Redirect

12. Simulate asp - run asp without iis