MsgBox
Author Message
 MsgBox

Hi,

Is there a way to get rid of the VBScript: prefix from the title of the
window that is displayed when using the MsgBox function?

Cheerio,

Dave B.

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 19:17:13 GMT
 MsgBox
I'll stand to be corrected, but I believe the answer is no.

Cheers, Nick.

Quote:

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 19:31:13 GMT
 MsgBox
Well on mine it's "Message",buttons,"title"

i.e. msgbox "This has no title",vbOKOnly,"No Title"

Quote:
> Hi,

> Is there a way to get rid of the VBScript: prefix from the title of the
> window that is displayed when using the MsgBox function?

> Cheerio,

> Dave B.

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:05:33 GMT
 MsgBox
Hi David
You can either show your own title:
Msgbox "This is a Test",VbOkOnly,"Your Title here"
Or just show nothing as title:
Msgbox "This is a Test",VbOkOnly,""
Regards
Pascal
France

Quote:
> Hi,

> Is there a way to get rid of the VBScript: prefix from the title of the
> window that is displayed when using the MsgBox function?

> Cheerio,

> Dave B.

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:07:52 GMT
 MsgBox
Hi,

If I use code similar to this:

msgbox "This has no title",vbOKOnly,"No Title"

on an a page an load it on an NT4 machine the VBScript: prefix does not
appear,
but it does appear on all Windows 98 machines in the office.

As I am a relative new-comer to the VB Script world could somebody explain
to me why this happens?  Is there a difference between the implementations
of VBScript for NT4 and Windows98?

Cheerio,

David Brunger
Technical Team
Gimmel Ltd
201-203 City Road
London EC1V 1JN

tel: 0870 740 3920

Quote:
> Well on mine it's "Message",buttons,"title"

> i.e. msgbox "This has no title",vbOKOnly,"No Title"

> > Hi,

> > Is there a way to get rid of the VBScript: prefix from the title of the
> > window that is displayed when using the MsgBox function?

> > Cheerio,

> > Dave B.

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 21:27:44 GMT
 MsgBox
Well I MAY be wrong, but I believe there is.

Do both machines have the same IE installed?

Quote:
> Hi,

> If I use code similar to this:

> msgbox "This has no title",vbOKOnly,"No Title"

> on an a page an load it on an NT4 machine the VBScript: prefix does not
> appear,
> but it does appear on all Windows 98 machines in the office.

> As I am a relative new-comer to the VB Script world could somebody explain
> to me why this happens?  Is there a difference between the implementations
> of VBScript for NT4 and Windows98?

> Cheerio,

> David Brunger
> Technical Team
> Gimmel Ltd
> 201-203 City Road
> London EC1V 1JN

> tel: 0870 740 3920

> > Well on mine it's "Message",buttons,"title"

> > i.e. msgbox "This has no title",vbOKOnly,"No Title"

> > > Hi,

> > > Is there a way to get rid of the VBScript: prefix from the title of
the
> > > window that is displayed when using the MsgBox function?

> > > Cheerio,

> > > Dave B.

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 21:33:57 GMT
 MsgBox
Are you using a browser to run the script in NT as well as in Win 98?
AFAIK, the VBScript preface is forced (and can't be removed) when Msgbox
is called from a browser as a security precaution (to warn users that
this is NOT a local process), but only appears in a local script (WSH
*.vbs or an HTA) when the 'title' string is omitted.

Tom Lavedas
-----------
http://www.pressroom.com/~tglbatch/

Quote:

> Hi,

> If I use code similar to this:

> msgbox "This has no title",vbOKOnly,"No Title"

> on an a page an load it on an NT4 machine the VBScript: prefix does not
> appear,
> but it does appear on all Windows 98 machines in the office.

> As I am a relative new-comer to the VB Script world could somebody explain
> to me why this happens?  Is there a difference between the implementations
> of VBScript for NT4 and Windows98?

> Cheerio,

> David Brunger
> Technical Team
> Gimmel Ltd
> 201-203 City Road
> London EC1V 1JN

> tel: 0870 740 3920

> > Well on mine it's "Message",buttons,"title"

> > i.e. msgbox "This has no title",vbOKOnly,"No Title"

> > > Hi,

> > > Is there a way to get rid of the VBScript: prefix from the title of the
> > > window that is displayed when using the MsgBox function?

> > > Cheerio,

> > > Dave B.

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 22:00:47 GMT
 MsgBox
No,  But I have try several versions of IE on the two platforms.

All NT machines I have tried (with different versions of IE - all version 5
onwards) do not include the prefix.
All Windows 98(also with different versions of IE - all version 5 onwards)
machines do.

Cheerio,

David Brunger
Technical Team
Gimmel Ltd
201-203 City Road
London EC1V 1JN

tel: 0870 740 3920

Quote:
> Well I MAY be wrong, but I believe there is.

> Do both machines have the same IE installed?

> > Hi,

> > If I use code similar to this:

> > msgbox "This has no title",vbOKOnly,"No Title"

> > on an a page an load it on an NT4 machine the VBScript: prefix does not
> > appear,
> > but it does appear on all Windows 98 machines in the office.

> > As I am a relative new-comer to the VB Script world could somebody
explain
> > to me why this happens?  Is there a difference between the
implementations
> > of VBScript for NT4 and Windows98?

> > Cheerio,

> > David Brunger
> > Technical Team
> > Gimmel Ltd
> > 201-203 City Road
> > London EC1V 1JN

> > tel: 0870 740 3920

> > > Well on mine it's "Message",buttons,"title"

> > > i.e. msgbox "This has no title",vbOKOnly,"No Title"

> the

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 23:00:09 GMT
 MsgBox
how about using the PopUp method of the Wscript.Shell object?

Quote:
> Hi,

> Is there a way to get rid of the VBScript: prefix from the title of the
> window that is displayed when using the MsgBox function?

> Cheerio,

> Dave B.

Tue, 14 Oct 2003 22:44:29 GMT

1. MsgBox gives a 'Permission denied: 'MsgBox'' error

2. MsgBox gives a 'Permission denied: 'MsgBox'' error

3. msgbox Title

4. msgBox and Helpfile

5. No msgbox function

6. strings and msgbox

7. VBScript MSGBOX() Title

8. A call for MsgBox...

9. msgbox/alert in VBScript

10. Ok-button of the MsgBox ?

11. msgbox/alert to display a message if field is left blank

12. MsgBox