passing variable to vbs program (WSH)
Author Message
 passing variable to vbs program (WSH)

hi,

i am writing a small program, which is intended to work with the
standard Windows Scripting Host. I would like to pass a variable to
this programm when starting it, like "program.vbs xy". how can i
retrieve xy in the program? Should be something like "vorgabe = %1"`,
but i couldn't find it out by guessing.

secondly, i would like to ask you for a few hints regarding good
vbs-pages in the internet (turorials, etc.).

thank you
lorenz pressler

Sat, 18 Oct 2003 18:00:37 GMT
 passing variable to vbs program (WSH)

Guessing is *such* a waste of time when the docs can be downloaded for offline use ;-)...

Start with the WSH 2.0 Tutorial and "...User's Guide" links.

The EXE links below are downloads of the complete documentation sets in HTMLHelp format - highly
recommended for offline use. The Tutorial and "...User's Guide" content is also included in the
downloaded documentation...

WSH 2.0 Tutorial
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/doc/wsTutorialTOC.htm
WSH Documentation
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/docs/reference/defaul...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/windowshost/wshdoc.exe

VBScript User's Guide
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/doc/vbstutor.htm
VBScript Documentation
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/techinfo/vbsdocs.htm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/download/vbsdoc.exe

FileSystemObject User's Guide
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/doc/jsFSOTutor.htm
VBScript Run-Time Library Reference [FileSystemObject/Dictionary]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/vbscript/doc/VBSFSOTOC.htm

JScript User's Guide
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/jscript/doc/jsconJScriptUsersGuid...
JScript Documentation
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/jscript/techinfo/jsdocs.htm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/jscript/download/jsdoc.exe

WSC Tutorial
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/scriptlets/doc/lettitle.htm
WSC Documentation
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/scriptlets/serverdocs.htm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/scriptlets/wscdoc.exe

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> hi,

> i am writing a small program, which is intended to work with the
> standard Windows Scripting Host. I would like to pass a variable to
> this programm when starting it, like "program.vbs xy". how can i
> retrieve xy in the program? Should be something like "vorgabe = %1"`,
> but i couldn't find it out by guessing.

> secondly, i would like to ask you for a few hints regarding good
> vbs-pages in the internet (turorials, etc.).

> thank you
> lorenz pressler

Sun, 19 Oct 2003 02:03:56 GMT

1. How to pass back variables from called vbs from vbs using wsh

2. passing variables from .bat files to .vbs scripts

3. passing variables from VBS to JS

4. Passing values to variables in a .vbs file

5. How do I pass a variable to *.vbs

6. passing values from .vbs file to command line under WSH

7. How to Run a program with vbs/wsh

8. Passing Javascript Variables to VBscript (ASP) Variables

9. Pass client script variable to server script variable

10. passing javascript variable into asp variable using vbscript

11. need help passing variables to an external program

12. passing variables from a batch program