Object Time Out vs. Session Time Out
Author Message
 Object Time Out vs. Session Time Out

Question - if I invoke a Com Object at Session Start via <OBJECT
RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Session id=xxxx PROGID="xxxxx.xx">
</OBJECT>, will the object expire with the session? Will it have it's own
clock, or will it be in synch with the Session Timeout?

Fri, 18 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Object Time Out vs. Session Time Out
I'm a bit hazy on this but....Using the Session_OnStart routine in the
Global.asa file will start the COM object.  However Session_OnEnd is
woefully unreliable - most of the time it never fires.  Thus I'm not sure
your COM object would end correctly.  I would have though that it should
expire with the Session TimeOut for sure.

Regards,
Richard

Quote:

> Question - if I invoke a Com Object at Session Start via <OBJECT
> RUNAT=Server SCOPE=Session id=xxxx PROGID="xxxxx.xx">
> </OBJECT>, will the object expire with the session? Will it have it's own
> clock, or will it be in synch with the Session Timeout?

Sat, 19 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Session Variable Time-outs

2. Filesystem Time outs

3. Time-outs

4. Need help with time outs

5. university EMR send outs

6. on the outs

7. Learning the ins and outs of Peek and Poke

8. How to handle print outs in VB?

9. Times Greek boldface/italic and Times vs Symbol

10. ASP Time vs. VB Client time

11. web service and updating web reference with vb.net design time vs run time

12. web service and updating web reference with vb.net design time vs run time