Writing a file out to the response object using asp
Author Message
 Writing a file out to the response object using asp

Is it possible to write .pdf, .doc, .ppt file directly to
the response object and if so how?

I am doing this for security. I have as set of secure
documents and in my site all secure document links take
the following form:

MySecurePage.asp?filename=securefile1

When they click the link and go the MySecurePage.asp I
check to see if the user has permission to see the
filename passed into the query string. If so I want to
binary write the file back to the stream.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:27:30 GMT
 Writing a file out to the response object using asp
asked and answered on the separate crossposted copy of this question (with a
slightly different subject line)...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Tue, 07 Jun 2005 06:51:01 GMT
 Writing a file out to the response object using asp
Could you take a look at my response to your answer.

Billy Jacobs
Software Engineer

Tue, 07 Jun 2005 07:04:17 GMT
 Writing a file out to the response object using asp

Quote:

> Could you take a look at my response to your answer.

I looked at the copy of your thread "http response writing: pdf, doc, ppt,
xml, etc." in ...scripting.jscript (and the copies in 4 other NGs ;-) and
there is no reply from you on any of them.  Mike Moore (MS) did post his own
reply to the copy in ...scripting.scriptlets.

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Tue, 07 Jun 2005 10:39:05 GMT

1. Com+ and writing cookies using the ASP Response object

2. writing files/directories using Com objects / with asp

3. REPOST writing files/directories using Com objects / with asp

4. asp response.write in asp.net

5. Download jpeg file to the client using asp - Response.addheader ignored by Netscape

6. Response object not working in DLL called thru ASP

7. Implements with ASP Response Object

8. Implements with ASP Response Object

9. DHTML/ASP Response.Write question

10. Writing ASP code in to file by using FileSystemObject

11. Using ASP to let a webuser write text file on the server

12. output response.write to a specific cell in an ASP page