Problem when upgrading from IE6 SP0 to IE6 SP1
Author Message
 Problem when upgrading from IE6 SP0 to IE6 SP1

Hi there,

I have a weird problem and I'm out of idea!

Consider the small client code :

    '--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sub ResizeScrollDiv()
    '--------------------------------------------------------------------
    ' Resizing the div tag dScrollList based on the height of a header.
    '--------------------------------------------------------------------

    End Sub
    '--------------------------------------------------------------------

and consider the folowing div tag.

To be sure that my div scroll is perfectly fine, I must call
ResizeScrollDiv() every time the browser (or my frame) resize. In the body
onload, I have :

 Set self.onresize = GetRef("ResizeScrollDiv").

That line is working fine in IE6 but not in IE6 SP1.
Nothing in my code changed, only the Service pack 1 instalation.

Plus the function istself ResizeScrollDiv() still work perfectly fine but it
seems that attaching a function to an event is not working anymore.

Anybody have an idea.

I cannot tell my customer that upgrating IE is from know on impossible!

----------------------

BTW, a long term solution for my intranet app would be to create a dummy VB6
SDI app with only the browser ActiveX. With this way, there would be no more
Service Pack or IE setup that would affect my app.

----------------------

Before I downgrade my customer's 15 PC, is there a solution for the ...
.onresize = GetRef().... problem?

TIA

Manuel

Sat, 23 Apr 2005 06:35:42 GMT
 Problem when upgrading from IE6 SP0 to IE6 SP1

Quote:
> To be sure that my div scroll is perfectly fine, I must call
> ResizeScrollDiv() every time the browser (or my frame) resize. In the
> body onload, I have :

>  Set self.onresize = GetRef("ResizeScrollDiv").

> That line is working fine in IE6 but not in IE6 SP1.
> Nothing in my code changed, only the Service pack 1 instalation.

Set window.onresize = GetRef("ResizeScrollDiv")

seems to work...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Sat, 23 Apr 2005 08:40:17 GMT
 Problem when upgrading from IE6 SP0 to IE6 SP1
Thanks!

Ok fine, with the window.onresize  it's working again... but why not with
self anymore!

BTW I work with frames.

Manuel

Quote:
> > To be sure that my div scroll is perfectly fine, I must call
> > ResizeScrollDiv() every time the browser (or my frame) resize. In the
> > body onload, I have :

> >  Set self.onresize = GetRef("ResizeScrollDiv").

> > That line is working fine in IE6 but not in IE6 SP1.
> > Nothing in my code changed, only the Service pack 1 instalation.

> Set window.onresize = GetRef("ResizeScrollDiv")

> seems to work...

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> Seattle WA US

Sat, 23 Apr 2005 21:43:07 GMT
 Problem when upgrading from IE6 SP0 to IE6 SP1

Quote:
> Ok fine, with the window.onresize  it's working again... but why not
> with self anymore!

I assume it's a bug introduced by IE6sp1 (and it's certainly not the first
;-)..

Quote:

> BTW I work with frames.

I'm not exactly sure what your point is here ;-)...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Sun, 24 Apr 2005 02:59:43 GMT
 Problem when upgrading from IE6 SP0 to IE6 SP1
What I mean is the self object that I was using was in fact a frame.

So if I use the window object, I'm not sure if resizing only a frame will
trigger the event.
ok, I tested it...
works fine

Again, thanks Michael

Manuel

Quote:
> > Ok fine, with the window.onresize  it's working again... but why not
> > with self anymore!

> I assume it's a bug introduced by IE6sp1 (and it's certainly not the first
> ;-)..

> > BTW I work with frames.

> I'm not exactly sure what your point is here ;-)...

> --
> Michael Harris
> Microsoft.MVP.Scripting
> Seattle WA US

Sun, 24 Apr 2005 22:13:13 GMT

1. problems with IE6 SP1

2. Access Violation crviewer.dll IE6 SP1 IIS5 Win2000

3. Behavior change: IE6 SP1 and SCRIPT SRC with high-bit characters

4. SP1 for IE6 causes error when running standard vbscript code snippet

5. FullScreen (kiosk mode) and IE6 SP1

6. IE6 SP1 - Access is denied

7. ResizeTo and IE6 SP1

8. IE6 SP1 resizeTo functionality lost

9. Error 438 using IE6-SP1

10. jscrip.encode not working in IE6 sp1

11. I upgraded to IE6 and my code behaves differently

12. can′t create object after Upgrade to IE6