IMP question abt setLocale!!!....help!
Author Message
 IMP question abt setLocale!!!....help!

Hello experts,

I am using setLocale in some of our ASPs to correctly format and
display currencies according to the country of the user.

e.g
Web server        : WIN2K
regional settings : GERMAN
ASP version       : ASP 3.0
VBScript v        : 5.x

Now consider a case where multiple users are hitting the SAME ASP, but
they are from different countries (UK, USA, Spain, france etc)
so they need to see the currencies displayed according to their
country format
so we use "setLocale" and pass it a parameter depending on the
customer's country!
e.g (code snippet)
    if country is france then
          setLocale "fr"
    elseif country is Spain then
          setLocale "es"

My question is , will it cause a problem when 100s of customers from
different countries start hitting our box?

Thanks for your help.

Sun, 24 Apr 2005 22:06:05 GMT
 IMP question abt setLocale!!!....help!

Quote:
> My question is , will it cause a problem when 100s of customers from
> different countries start hitting our box?

No, SetLocale has only page level scope for that specific user access...

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 00:53:42 GMT
 IMP question abt setLocale!!!....help!
Thanks very much indeed.

Quote:
> > My question is , will it cause a problem when 100s of customers from
> > different countries start hitting our box?

> No, SetLocale has only page level scope for that specific user access...

Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:21:23 GMT

1. help!need help abt list box and access

2. greenhorn question abt variable -- currency -- 2 decimal--right align into pictuebox

3. Help Imp!!- Word document format?????

4. cannot load very imp. ocx file - please help

5. setlocale alternative? help needed

6. Logical Implication Operator (Imp)

7. Abt controls in Outlook

8. Any assistance abt 70-306 Certification

9. Abt Multithreading in VB 6.0

10. What abt .NET WebService?

11. Abt Multithreading in VB 6.0

12. HELP QUESTION HELP QUESTION HELP QUESTION