Good day to you.

I am a university student building an intranet for the University's Library.

I just installed ASP engine from my Front Page CD and upon testing it with
the samples provided I encountered the following problem.

This was the page that displayed...

ActiveX Data Object (ADO)

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
driver specified

/Aspsamp/samples/ado1.asp, line 9

Please help me.

Thank you very much

Lance

Sun, 25 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
As the error states, you did not specify a DSN or the DSN you specified is
wrong.  Ensure that you have the proper DSN set up for your database (go to
the ODBC driver in the control panel and create it) or you type the correct
DSN in you connection object.

Dick

Mon, 26 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

2. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error

3. ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

4. Provider error '80004005' Unspecified error

5. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)

6. Microsoft's OLE DB Simple Provider 1.5 Library isn't cutting it :(

7. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e21'

8. Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e07'

9. ODBC Runtime Error:'-2147467259(80004005)'

10. OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: Operation canceled

11. Microsoft OLE DB provider for ODBC-internal client library error

12. Microsoft's slow Oracle OLE DB Provider