How can I detect plugins with VB-Script
Author Message
 How can I detect plugins with VB-Script

Hello everybody,

In javascript I can use "navigator.mimeTypes" or "navigator.plugins" with an
"isenabled()" property to detect for the presence of a plugin. Is there
something equivalent in VB Script?

Specifically - the objects above are supported by Netscape, and IE
"recognizes" it but returns a value of 0 no matter what.

Could someone point me to a resource on this?
(I don't code VB Script so a copy and paste resource would be really
appreciated)

Thanks!

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How can I detect plugins with VB-Script

It isn't a VBScript issue, it's an IE issue.

1) IE doesn't support the mimeTypes collection
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/collections...

2) IE _does_ support the plugins collection, but perhaps with a different meaning (I don't do Netscape).
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/collections...

--
Michael Harris

  Hello everybody,

  In javascript I can use "navigator.mimeTypes" or "navigator.plugins" with an
  "isenabled()" property to detect for the presence of a plugin. Is there
  something equivalent in VB Script?

  Specifically - the objects above are supported by Netscape, and IE
  "recognizes" it but returns a value of 0 no matter what.

  Could someone point me to a resource on this?
  (I don't code VB Script so a copy and paste resource would be really
  appreciated)

  Thanks!

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hell of a Time - Detect Plugins, Close Parent Window, Detect 128 bit Encryption Browser, create Shortcut

2. Detecting browser plugins in VBScript

3. detecting plugins

4. How to detect plugins

5. How to detect plugins in Jscript?

6. Detecting plugins in IE.

7. Q. - Detecting Installed Plugins from within IE...

8. detecting plugins

9. Detecting Run ActiveX Controls and Plugins is enabled in IE

10. How do I detect the plugins in IE

11. detecting plugins on IE5 for Windows

12. Macinstosh IE and VBScript and plugins