Debugging WSH Scripts
Author Message
 Debugging WSH Scripts

How does one go about debugging *.vbs WHS scripts using the Microsoft Script
De{*filter*}. The documentation, as far as I could tell, used VBScript in HTML
files. It alludes to using the Stop statement, but I could only get this to
work when I embedded the script code in a HTML file, and ran it under IE.

Thanks in advance

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Debugging WSH Scripts
It depends on what version of WSH --- 1.0 or 2.0 beta.

Under WSH 1.0, a stop statement embedded in vbscript starts the de{*filter*}.

Under WSH 2.0 beta, stop doesn't do anything unless you enable debugging for
the script (//D option of wscript).  You can also start in the de{*filter*} (//X
option of wscript).  A bug in the current beta prevents you from setting
breakpoints once in the de{*filter*}, but you can still single step.

It probably depends on what version of vbscript as well.  The docs (even for
version 5.0 of vbscript) still say stop is reserved for future use, so I
don't really know what minimum version you would need.

--
Michael Harris

How does one go about debugging *.vbs WHS scripts using the Microsoft Script
De{*filter*}. The documentation, as far as I could tell, used VBScript in HTML
files. It alludes to using the Stop statement, but I could only get this to
work when I embedded the script code in a HTML file, and ran it under IE.

Thanks in advance

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Debugging WSH Scripts
Thanks lots.

After going back through the docs, I found both of the stated // options. I
swear I spent all yesterday reading the WSH documentation, and somehow that
slipped by me everytime, until it was pointed out. ;-D
A clear case of should've RTFM!

Again Thanks,
C. Roper

Quote:

>It depends on what version of WSH --- 1.0 or 2.0 beta.

>Under WSH 1.0, a stop statement embedded in vbscript starts the de{*filter*}.

>Under WSH 2.0 beta, stop doesn't do anything unless you enable debugging
for
>the script (//D option of wscript).  You can also start in the de{*filter*}
(//X
>option of wscript).  A bug in the current beta prevents you from setting
>breakpoints once in the de{*filter*}, but you can still single step.

>It probably depends on what version of vbscript as well.  The docs (even
for
>version 5.0 of vbscript) still say stop is reserved for future use, so I
>don't really know what minimum version you would need.

>--
>Michael Harris

>How does one go about debugging *.vbs WHS scripts using the Microsoft
Script
>De{*filter*}. The documentation, as far as I could tell, used VBScript in HTML
>files. It alludes to using the Stop statement, but I could only get this to
>work when I embedded the script code in a HTML file, and ran it under IE.

>Thanks in advance

Tue, 20 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Script Debugger to debug wsh scripts

2. How to debug WSH scripts

3. Unable to Debug WSH scripts with Visual InterDev

4. debugging a WSH-script with microsoft script editor doesn't work

5. Debugging vbscript wsh scripts

6. Is there way to debug a WSH script?

7. Executing scripts in Microsoft Script Editor with Debug tools

8. Cannot Start debugging .vbs-Script in MS Script Debugger

9. trouble executing scripts in Microsoft Script Editor with Debug tools

10. Debug anything.vbs for WSH

11. Trying to debug WSH with Interdev

12. WSH and debugging