Making ActiveX Control "Safe"
Author Message
 Making ActiveX Control "Safe"

Hello,

On an intranet webpage, I tried to use an MS ActiveX Control called
"MSProject.Application", but IE prohibits it from being initialized because
the object is not marked as "safe."  I can't force users to change their
security settings, so is there any way to make the object "safe?"

Thanks for your help!
Peter G.

Sat, 09 Aug 2003 02:36:53 GMT
 Making ActiveX Control "Safe"
No, it's not marked safe for a reason...

Why do you think it would be appropriate for you to mark an unsafe control as safe???

--
Michael Harris
Microsoft.MVP.Scripting

> Hello,

> On an intranet webpage, I tried to use an MS ActiveX Control called
> "MSProject.Application", but IE prohibits it from being initialized because
> the object is not marked as "safe."  I can't force users to change their
> security settings, so is there any way to make the object "safe?"

> Thanks for your help!
> Peter G.

>  Create a new mailbox, or access your existing IMAP4 or
>  POP3 mailbox from anywhere with just a web browser.

Sat, 09 Aug 2003 10:51:09 GMT

1. How to make an ActiveX "Safe"

2. How to make an ActiveX "Safe"

3. Marking Controls as "safe" for scripting

4. Making "semi-transparent" user control

5. Suppressing "ActiveX control unsafe" message

6. making an activex control safe for scripting?

7. where is ActiveX for "dataform" control

8. "Traditional" ActiveX control

9. ActiveX control of "tail"

10. "Property control" ActiveX

11. "Make Project" runs embedded ActiveX controls

12. "Packaging" and Deploying ActiveX controls