Using VBScript to set permissions on a folder
Author Message
 Using VBScript to set permissions on a folder

Hello,
  Is it possible for me to use ADSI (or some other VBScript-accessible
technology) to grant permissions to a file folder on Windows 2000 Server?

  Any suggestions would be very appreciated!

Thanks,
Jeff

Tue, 03 May 2005 06:01:37 GMT
 Using VBScript to set permissions on a folder
Jeff,
    You can use AdsSecurity.dll.  A good sample script can be found here:
http://www.swynk.com/friends/policht/Art062502.asp

You can also use the shell object to run xcacls.

Finally, Pedestal Software's (http://www.pedestalsoftware.com/) NTSEC
toolkit contains a COM object with similar functionality that's relatively
easy to use.

Regards,
Tony

Quote:
> Hello,
>   Is it possible for me to use ADSI (or some other VBScript-accessible
> technology) to grant permissions to a file folder on Windows 2000 Server?

>   Any suggestions would be very appreciated!

> Thanks,
> Jeff

Tue, 03 May 2005 21:38:54 GMT
 Using VBScript to set permissions on a folder
Thanks for your help, Tony.

I got it working under NTFS using the CACLS command.  Do you know if there
is a way to do this under FAT instead of NTFS?

Thanks again!

JEff

Quote:
> Jeff,
>     You can use AdsSecurity.dll.  A good sample script can be found here:
> http://www.swynk.com/friends/policht/Art062502.asp

> You can also use the shell object to run xcacls.

> Finally, Pedestal Software's (http://www.pedestalsoftware.com/) NTSEC
> toolkit contains a COM object with similar functionality that's relatively
> easy to use.

> Regards,
> Tony

> > Hello,
> >   Is it possible for me to use ADSI (or some other VBScript-accessible
> > technology) to grant permissions to a file folder on Windows 2000
Server?

> >   Any suggestions would be very appreciated!

> > Thanks,
> > Jeff

Tue, 03 May 2005 22:58:58 GMT
 Using VBScript to set permissions on a folder
Jeff,
    To the best of my knowledge, permissions can only be assigned on NTFS
paritions.  I don't know of any ACLs on FAT systems.

Tony

Quote:
> Thanks for your help, Tony.

> I got it working under NTFS using the CACLS command.  Do you know if there
> is a way to do this under FAT instead of NTFS?

> Thanks again!

> JEff

> > Jeff,
> >     You can use AdsSecurity.dll.  A good sample script can be found
here:
> > http://www.swynk.com/friends/policht/Art062502.asp

> > You can also use the shell object to run xcacls.

> > Finally, Pedestal Software's (http://www.pedestalsoftware.com/) NTSEC
> > toolkit contains a COM object with similar functionality that's
relatively
> > easy to use.

> > Regards,
> > Tony

> > > Hello,
> > >   Is it possible for me to use ADSI (or some other VBScript-accessible
> > > technology) to grant permissions to a file folder on Windows 2000
> Server?

> > >   Any suggestions would be very appreciated!

> > > Thanks,
> > > Jeff

Tue, 03 May 2005 23:08:47 GMT

1. Setting Folder Permissions with VBScript

2. Setting NTFS folder permissions using WMI

3. Problems with setting folder security permissions using WMI!!!

4. Permission denied deleting a folder using VBScript

5. Changing file / folder permissions using VBScript

6. Setting Share permissions using VBScript

7. set permission to a folder in Win 2000

8. Creating shares & setting permissions on folders

9. set folder permissions

10. Need Script Sample for set Folder Ntfs Permissions.

11. How to set NTFS permissions to a folder

12. Setting Folder permissions